Album  

3850Rob did it
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> Track Times
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SublimeGTX
Post Whores Anonymous member

Gallery pictures: 34
SublimeGTX's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got home from planning the re-install of the nitrous system.
I have tried the key trick (and it worked) but the day I did that it was 118 degree's and the bottle was in the bed and the nitrous won't activate when pressure is over 1200-1250. I didn't think about purging it (I know, duh) until after I left. Our slicks are like 25 - 7/8" tall and they look like doughnuts on our trucks but sure get good & sticky. I did try a buds Superchips once but no spray with it. I really like the difference it made.

I'm still having the same problem Don, shutting down right at the 1,000' mark and coasting the last 320. Frustrating as he!!. I took everything off & back to complete stock (except for dumps & gears) to take it into the stealership. I'm taking my time now to put it all back together and really putting thought into it this time. Some changes may be, but not limited to dual stage nitrous, dual e-fans (one to push and one to pull) if it fits, long tube headers with dumps before the cats, 10mm wires (Sublime one's from Art), taller slicks (rather than switch out the gears) I like the 4.56's for the street, and possibly 268 cam w/ springs & lifters with a re-burn. It all depends on how much money I can come with and still eat! Laughing

Don, are your dumps before or after your cats? I thought they were before and you said you were not throwing any codes. I only picked up one tenth with mine uncapped but look where I have them.

100_1336.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  765.16 KB
 Viewed:  384 Time(s)

100_1336.JPG

SCTB2865
Site Moderator

Gallery pictures: 14
SCTB2865's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dline wrote:
congrats on the times, i'll have to try and get a quicker time with my NA 4x4.

Shocked Laughing Your almost there now.

And I'm right behind ya. Just waiting on slicks and stall. Wink

And I'm under the impreesion that he superchips can adjust for 26" slicks. You all might want to look into it. Wink

2004 S/E Black Bee #2865 268comps cam, p/p heads, SCT tuned all the goodies. Showroom cond. 11000 miles no rain/snow!
1978 GMC DIABLO #1607 outta 6607 made
1995 LIGHTNING #77 outta 2280, 824 in black.
1977 FIREBIRD 10.9's, 670 heads, 70 462cid
Haters are your biggest fans!
268 cam, click vid. and Listen! N/A Enjoy!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/comps-roller-cam-268-2004_197503.htm

BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

Gallery pictures: 92
BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotta get to work, bee back tonoc to converse more. Can learn from these topics for sure. See ya later guys.
Don........Beecuz / #3850
dline
Approved Vendor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sublime gtx you need to move your dumps
Comp 273 cam

best track trim time:
1/4 : 12.52

www.moesperformance.com
www.nadodge.com
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SublimeGTX

SublimeGTX's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dline wrote:
sublime gtx you need to move your dumps

Definitely. I originally put them there in honor of a 68 Road Runner I had just for the old school look. Before cats and straight down, yes?

SublimeGTX

SublimeGTX's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staggie found these for us Don, nice pics of 3850. BTW~ Rob has one heck of a grin on his face!

3850 in VA.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.34 KB
 Viewed:  4926 Time(s)

3850 in VA.jpg

3850 in VA1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.35 KB
 Viewed:  4926 Time(s)

3850 in VA1.jpg

BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang Roger, you ARE good. Thanx to Staggie also. I have tried several days to get these pix and more, but with no luck. They must bee out there now. I tell you, Rob really know how to drag race. He is AWESOME. Wish I was that good. What did you think of the way she lifted the front end and actually wrinkled the slicks. I have a pic that they sold to me at the track, but it's more washed out black then these. That one I never saw. Did you catch the little license plate trick. Rob gets .002 with that little trick. Great pix, thanx for getting them out there for us, there are more also. Have a copy of the ticket, my wife had it reproduced with darker print, would like to get that out there as well. Roger, my cutouts are after the cats and the 'X' pipe, and before the mufflers. Not a much noise, and keeps me away from the check engine codes beecuz I'm far enought away from the O2 sensors. Don't know if I told you, but the cutouts are almost .2 less with them open. Roger, just don't know why you shut down beefore end of track. We were too, with the slicks being only 17". Computer thought we were going 110, but were only going 83. That's why Rob used the key trick at 80 to make sure it was beefore the shutdown. It worked, there was no quit, of course there were no instruments either. Didn't matter, they would tell us how fast we were going. Big thing, it shut down Friday noc, but not Sat with the key trick, everything being equal, slicks, NX, and a quarter mile. My cutouts aren't terribly loud, but enough that everyone knows there's something different about that truck. I really like the sound. I would guess if you shutdown like that Roger, it must keep you in the 14.s. Still waiting for B&G Chrysler to explain why I didn't have the 140 top end like I thought they said I would. Have to write again I guess. Thanx again for the pix, I think 3850 is just looking awesome there, and must get some of these pix to Rob. I can tell you Roger, if you ever get to meet him, you will like how he races. It's all serious, but he is so much fun to bee around also.
SublimeGTX

SublimeGTX's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you like the pics Don. Your truck looks awesome going down the 1/4 like that. I'll figure out my cutting out deal (I think I have).
My time so far is 14.0 flat @ 102.167 in 110 degree's, coasting the last 320'. I have been so frustrated since then that I haven't gotten into much but now you have given me the motivation to go back at it again!
Very Happy

VA Hillbilly
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: key trick Reply with quote

hey rodger, hello this is rob. when you did the key trick did you hold it like you were trying to crank the motor or did you just turn it and let it go? if you did hold it i was wondering is your truck an 04 and is it a 4 speed trans or a 5 speed trans like the 05 ?? i was thinking if its a 4 speed and you have 4.56 gears and the same 17in tires as don you might be hitting the rev limiter and not the mph limiter?
BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger, you are getting some good ideas from Rob. He really knows racing. When I was down there last year, he figured out almost right away that we were shutting down beecuz of the rev limit/shift limit collide. Knew right away he had to get off the NX or blow the engine. Figured out the need for the key trick so when we got to the track Sat am, he knew what we had to do right away and we got it all done and then just waited for a chance to try it out. He was so right, and it was a lot of fun. Both of us were real tired after the day ended, with all the running back and forth to the pit area and the staging area. They had us a long way from the track beecuz of the semi tractors show. Hope he can help you, but not so much so that I lose. Smile Smile Smile
SublimeGTX

SublimeGTX's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rob! Thanks for the assist. Yeah, I held the key down all the way (as if trying to start) and held it. I've never done the key trick while spraying though and have since took the nitrous off of the truck. I'm putting it back on now. Mine's an 04 with the 545RE - 5 speed tranny. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: Track Times All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: