Album  

Trans. problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> SS/T and Indy General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ND RAM

Deactivated

Gallery pictures: 140
ND RAM's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Trans. problem Reply with quote

Anybody have any problem with the trans. solenoid going out on your Indy? Mama's Indy had problems shifting Saturday, not the first time but the first time that I was driving it and the worst case so far. The easiest way to shift 1-2 was to be going 2500-3000rpms in 1 and manually shift to 2. Same way for 2-D but it was alot bigger pain. My white 91 set a code for the trans. solenoid and it's driving very similar (downshifts twice from OD, doesn't wan't to upsift, etc.) so that's my first instint. Any ideas?

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/9f4bdfca-1364-4741-85fa-98b1012e3a5d.htm
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/2a207f15-ac3f-4670-b8f4-98b1012ddcc2.htm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
indyram
Rumblebee Fanatic

Gallery pictures: 3
indyram's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya mine does the same thing lol I just tap the gas and it shifts lol I kinda like it tho...
ZZ
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 24
ZZ's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried tightening your TV cable on the throttle body? If not, pull the little white clip off (it's the cable that attaches to the rear of the TB bracket). do not remove the cable from the TB, just the white retaining clip. have someone sit in the driver's seat and press the pedal to the floor. Reattach the white clip when the TB is wide open. Release the throttle and test.

If it is still rough, do it again, but pull the cable a little forward (toward the radiator) and then replace the white retaining clip.

Ty

The Wife's:
2005 Rumblebee Yellow #4953
15.1@88mph (stock)
Powdercoated Valve Covers, E-Fan, Spring Clamps, Superchips, Pace Setter Longtubes, true duals

www.krcperformance.com

"Equal Rights For All, Special Privileges For None." - Thomas Jefferson
IndyRamMan
Rumblebee Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iv adjusted my kickdown quite a bit, but I never heard of holding down the gas when doing so. I dont have the clip style, mine is a press and pull kind. Is the holding down the gas thing just for the clip style?

Cam Idle, 2500 rev.
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/mrWilsoN87/?action=view&current=MVI_0649.flv
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: SS/T and Indy General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: