Album  

Blasted Truck!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> SS/T and Indy General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZZ
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 24
ZZ's gallery

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Blasted Truck!! Reply with quote

Hey .ORG, been awhile since I've posted on here, so I figure I'd let you know of whats going on with the old SS/T

Evil or Very Mad

Okay, so I haven't driven my truck in about 10 months due to tuning issues, cost of gas, and the overall deterioration of the paint. The SS/T has been sitting in my parent's barn 100miles away.

I fiddled around with it 6 weeks ago and threw the timing out, but I had to leave it and return home. So I come back for my 10 day vacation to watch my parents house while they were away and to enjoy some time off with the wife. I worked on the truck for about 30 minutes and got it running again. Perfectly actually, better than it has in a long time.

We took the truck out on a small cruise for old times sake and after about 20 minutes a cloud of blue smoke poured from the engine bay and my oil pressure went to zero. I pulled over and found that I had dumped all of my oil out of the left/rear side of the block at the oil pan.

I haven't gone back into it yet because I'm leaving tomorrow, but I'm hoping its just a rear main seal. Pretty catastrophic for that though. Either way, the engine has to come out again (only about 150miles on it since it was pulled last) and I need to go through it to make sure everything is okay.

Moral of the story? Buy a reliable and accurate Oil Pressure gauge, it may have saved my engine!

I'll post pics tomorrow. Wink

Ty

The Wife's:
2005 Rumblebee Yellow #4953
15.1@88mph (stock)
Powdercoated Valve Covers, E-Fan, Spring Clamps, Superchips, Pace Setter Longtubes, true duals

www.krcperformance.com

"Equal Rights For All, Special Privileges For None." - Thomas Jefferson
therumbler

God's Chariot...a CH-53E

Gallery pictures: 40
therumbler's gallery

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ouch...sounds like some bad times with the ss/t. hope you get it running right. good luck!
2005 Yellow Rumble Bee 2x4 #0072 "DARLENE" SOLD
1979 Black Cherokee W/T Sport
2001 Maroon Wrangler Sport
2005 Silver Magnum R/T "JENNY"

SublimeGTX
Post Whores Anonymous member

Gallery pictures: 34
SublimeGTX's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear Ty. It will give you a chance to go through it real good though. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: SS/T and Indy General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: