Album  

Supercharger/nitrous question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> SS/T and Indy General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cammedramSS/T

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Supercharger/nitrous question Reply with quote

1. What is the best super charger for the 5.9 motors?
2.what would be the biggest shot of nitrous on a stock bottom end 5.9 motor that you guys would use and what kit would you buy?
BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

Gallery pictures: 92
BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read and been told the 150 shot is about as high as you want to go. Don't know of anyone that has hatched with 150, but have heard of a few that did at 175. Have been tempted, but always said I don't want to tell .org I hatched at 175, but i really would love to see what 3850 can do at that level. I am a firm beleiver that Nitrous Express is one of the better ones. Always hear they have the best solenoids, and that is the business end of NX. Have had no trouble with mine and have run it for 5 years now. One thing you will want is the 20 LB tank, the 10 Lb tank runs out of juice to fast. Have to always take several tanks along just to make sure we can run the whole day.
Don........Beecuz / #3850
SublimeGTX
Post Whores Anonymous member

Gallery pictures: 34
SublimeGTX's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rule of thumb is to spray only 50% of your "stock rated HP" at the most. Our 345 HP stock allows us to spray up to 175 HP but I only went up to 150. That one guy Tim, (Hemi 777) went up to beyond 200 HP but went kaboom!

http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/ew/mygallery.asp?id=7219

BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

Gallery pictures: 92
BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger, glad you could remember his name, I couldn't. Seems he left .org beecuz of some tiff about his real times/speeds or something. I thought he was very fast, then looked at the times for 3850, have a slip .2 off his time, and Rob Clay knows we had an 11.9something if things were right last time I went to petersburg. We are doing that with just the 150, so 3850 isn't doing to bad I guess. He hatched with 200 shot or higher huh. Wow, he really pushed the envelope huh. He was fast and did it with a tool chest in the back. Must've messed up the tool arrangement with those sudden take offs. I really wish I lived in Arizona right now, really miss 3850, having it set in my son's' garage.
Don........Beecuz / #3850
06SRT10

GOT BOOST?

Gallery pictures: 11
06SRT10's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the paxton on mine. there is only that and the procharger for the 5.2/5.9L i prefer the paxton because it uses the engine oil to lubricate, the procharger is self contained. I have water methanol on mine but its getting the nitrous kit have have also. Mine is forged. but i wouldnt run anymore than 75shot on a stock 5.9L. and use colder plugs and get a msd ignition system.
Second Swarm #2937 (Now a chrysler buyback)
last known whereabouts crushed at a scrap yard.
cammedramSS/T

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you guys this knowlege is helpful
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: SS/T and Indy General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: