Album  

OPEC gas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> Off Topic [Non-Offensive]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bloodyhead
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: OPEC gas Reply with quote

These people are driving the oil prices up again trying to destroy our economy. I refuse to buy products from OPEC nations and these import from there. Shell,Chevroron,Mobile,Marathon,speedway,and Amoco. Now that Bee Pee has solded out to Russia, I can't support them either.I looked up Americad stations that use domestic oils that do not import from the middle east and came up with Sunoco,Conoco,GA Sinclair,Hess,ARCO,maverick,Flying J Valero and Murphy. I have been on Mobil One full Synthetic oil but that too is about to change as soon as I find a replacement. Right now I'm thinking Amsol. Does anyone know wheather this product is an American company or not. Oh yea.I almost forgot to say Hemi truck while venting........Sorry
2004 rumble Bee #2409 Blk 4x4
YLOHEMI
Veteran Member

Gallery pictures: 12
YLOHEMI's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buying local is never bad advice.

Second swarm #295 Yellow 4WD,
Wheel well liners, Bedrug, Mopar tonneau cover, Stripe extensions
booky
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 59
booky's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OPEC? Shame on you

The real reason for gas prices going up: Speculation

"Blame it on multiple signs of an improving economy worldwide, with speculators pouring money into the oil market and sending the price of crude above $90 a barrel, after weeks in the low $80s."

"there's a bullish sentiment that demand will continue to rise, and a lot of speculators are jumping into the market."

http://www.istockanalyst.com/article/viewiStockNews/articleid/4727588

"Approximately 60 to 70 percent of the oil contracts in the futures markets are now held by speculative entities. Not by companies that need oil, not by the airlines, not by the oil companies. But by investors that are looking to make money from their speculative positions."

Gilligan said these investors don't actually take delivery of the oil. "All they do is buy the paper, and hope that they can sell it for more than they paid for it. Before they have to take delivery."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/01/08/60minutes/main4707770.shtml

So you can go back to buying gas anywhere. upyeah

2005 DAYTONA 4x4 #08876
Dynatech Supermaxx Headers w/ Cherry Bomb Extreme - AEM Brute Force CAI
Superchips Flashpaq Tuner-Performance Level
3" Body Lift Kit w/ Nitto 35's
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Red Key(707 HP)+A8 Auto+3.09 Gears+DR's
2012 Shelby GT500 (sold)
2003 Mustang Cobra (sold)
bee 549
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 35
bee 549's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: gas Reply with quote

I buy local only, PDT_40
chrome valve covers.srt-10 bumper cover
billet insert for radiator
LINE of FIRE LIGHT BAR.mod list=srt-10 floor console/5.7-6.1 conversion kit/6.1 cam & springs& rods/magnaflow Y pipe. 6.1 valve covers & coil packs.
Bloodyhead
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pretty much agree with you Booky that the investors and specalotors are a huge driving force to oil prices. But, the consumer has a choice in who make the profits and if they pool their resorces into one area, then the others start to loose profits and lower their price to recoop and attract bussiness. Spread it out and the consumer is the loser. Either way,the opec nations are destroying our economy, so why would I want to help them? I just don't feel the love. Maybe it want make a differance in anything,but if it makes me feel better inside that I am supporting American companys I can live with that knowing that I at least tried. We have made it nearly impossible to buy American and the economy is worst now because of it. I'm open for a better ideal. Hemi Truck
booky
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 59
booky's gallery

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloodyhead wrote:
I pretty much agree with you Booky that the investors and specalotors are a huge driving force to oil prices. But, the consumer has a choice in who make the profits and if they pool their resorces into one area, then the others start to loose profits and lower their price to recoop and attract bussiness. Spread it out and the consumer is the loser. Either way,the opec nations are destroying our economy, so why would I want to help them? I just don't feel the love. Maybe it want make a differance in anything,but if it makes me feel better inside that I am supporting American companys I can live with that knowing that I at least tried. We have made it nearly impossible to buy American and the economy is worst now because of it. I'm open for a better ideal. Hemi Truck

"The Energy Information Administration (EIA) cannot definitively say where gasoline at a given station originated since EIA does not collect data on the source of the gasoline sold at retail outlets. The name on the service station sign does not tell the whole story. The fact that you purchase gasoline from a given company does not necessarily mean that the gasoline was actually produced by that particular company’s refineries. While gasoline is sold at about 167,000 retail outlets across the nation, about one-third of these stations are “unbranded” dealers that may sell gasoline of any brand. The remainder of the outlets are “branded” stations, but may not necessarily be selling gasoline produced at that company’s refineries. This is because gasoline from different refineries is often combined for shipment by pipeline, and companies owning service stations in the same area may be purchasing gasoline at the same bulk terminal. In that case, the only difference between the gasoline at station X versus the gasoline at station Y may be the small amount of additives that those companies add to the gasoline before it gets to the pump. Even if we knew at which company’s refinery the gasoline was produced, the source of the crude oil used at that refinery may vary on a day-to-day basis. Most refiners use a mix of crude oils from various domestic and foreign sources. The mix of crude oils can change based on the relative cost and availability of crude oil from different sources."

Also, you have to factor in "who" owns the gas station you are spending your money at. If it is owned by an American company or family, would not boycotting them only hurt us more? If you choose a station that you feel sells domestic gas but is run by foreigners and the profits from that station are sent overseas, are we not hurting ourselves again?

It is a very complicated.

Just my opinion.

2005 DAYTONA 4x4 #08876
Dynatech Supermaxx Headers w/ Cherry Bomb Extreme - AEM Brute Force CAI
Superchips Flashpaq Tuner-Performance Level
3" Body Lift Kit w/ Nitto 35's
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Red Key(707 HP)+A8 Auto+3.09 Gears+DR's
2012 Shelby GT500 (sold)
2003 Mustang Cobra (sold)
GSXRSpeed

Speed Freak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're so concerned about the price of gas, get something a bit more economical. Driving a vehicle that gets 10 mph then complaining about the price of gas is a bit silly. Use less gas, create less demand. Or keep driving a gas guzzling truck and drive up demand and prices at the same time. Back when gas hit $4 I remember everyone getting hybrids and crap, then as soon as the gas prices dropped, everyone went and got monstrocities for vehicles again.
Yellow Second Swarm #490 **SOLD** Oct. '07
Best 1/4 Mile ET 15.1
Best MPH 88.03

Bee replaced by 2008 Civic Si
Best 1/4 Mile ET 15.9
Best 1/4 Mile Oval track time 18.03
Bee Keeper
Post Whores Anonymous member

Gallery pictures: 4
Bee Keeper's gallery

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speculators aren't the only reason that oil is headed for $150.00 a barrel. One of the reasons is that Iraq is in the process of revaluing their currency as they emerge from bankruptcy, and it is being revalued as an asset (oil) backet currency. The higher the oil prices get, the faster everyone gets paid back for helping to oust Saddam.

...and who holds a boatload of Dinars? You guessed it, your friendly US government. Hold on to your asses folks, we're looking at $5.00 - $6.00 per gallon gas. Wink

Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.

BLACK/SECOND SWARM #2971
FUNCTIONAL 440 SIX PACK HOOD
MOPAR BED COVER W/STRIPE
STRIPE EXTENSIONS
TINTED WINDOWS
DEBADGED
KATZKINS
BEDRUG
275/55/20 NEXEN ROADIAN HP's

GO FAST OR GO HOME! Piss on Ford
Bloodyhead
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has more to do with buying American than tree hugging economy. My main point is supporting American companys that use domestic products and putting the hurt back on OPEC. The amount of gallons I consume has nothing to do with anything except which economy I support.
GSXRSpeed

Speed Freak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We consume more oil than we produce. How can we all buy domestic oil?
Best 1/4 Mile ET 15.1
Best MPH 88.03

Best 1/4 Mile ET 15.9
Bloodyhead
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all have the choice..............
GSXRSpeed

Speed Freak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloodyhead wrote:
We all have the choice..............

A choice of what? If everyone in America chose domestic oil only, there wouldn't be enough. Most likely gas prices would be even higher.

Best 1/4 Mile ET 15.1
Best MPH 88.03

Best 1/4 Mile ET 15.9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: Off Topic [Non-Offensive] All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: