Album  

SRT 10 style boz?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> Ask Dwayne (Audio/Electronics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thejunkman2005
Rumblebee Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: SRT 10 style boz? Reply with quote

I saw an SRT10 with a stock sub, awesome location? Made me wonder, is there an aftermarket style box that is anything like this? Or, does it sound anywhere near as good as it looks?

Or, whats the best box I can get for my GTX, 1500, reg cab.

Len

GTX #410, Sublime Green, Flowmaster exhaust, EBay CAI, McGaughys 2/4.5 lowering kit, Tinted windows, Kenwood head unit, Earthquake AMP, 12" kicker sub, Superchips tuner that never worked right...
Rally
Veteran Member

Gallery pictures: 17
Rally's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to get a 12" MTX skinny sub right behind the driver's seat. I'm not going to suggest it's the greatest sub ever but it pumps, especially withthe right amp etc. There are probably others but was able to get the sub, 400 watt JL amp, and install for under $400. I also added speakers and Head unit which also makes a considerable difference v stock unit. Good luck.
Second Swarm 1893 saved from the salvage pool and now better than ever!! SRT 10 front end, 22" factory SRT 10 rims on 305/40/22's, Mopar CAI, Superchip 3950 Cortex programmer, Dan the Fastman 85MM TB, SRT pillar pod w/ Mopar Oil Pres gauge, 305s Alpine head unit, 12" MTX sub, JL audio amp, tint, custom floor mats, 71 Super Bee tribute paint scheme on hood, Mobil 1, and Shell 93 (since they sponsor Dodge), 180 degree Jet thermostat, Katzkin seats, custom 345 hemi badges.
hemiramon22s
Rumblebee Fanatic

Gallery pictures: 9
hemiramon22s's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Basslink-200-Watt-Powered-Subwoofer/dp/B000063TJY/ref=cm_cmu_pg_t
Ryan66

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two JL W3 12's in a sealed box behind the seats of my bee, and I love it.

Here's a picture of what the box looks like:
thejunkman2005
Rumblebee Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a brand new kicker 12" sub, and a skinny truck mount box behind the passenger seat, all my passengers laugh there butts off at how much it vibrates there seat..... I just noticed the SRT10 box, and how it puts the speaker behind the center of the seat, and figured it'd give me more space, and push more sound right out to the cab of the truck..

Len

GTX #410, Sublime Green, Flowmaster exhaust, EBay CAI, McGaughys 2/4.5 lowering kit, Tinted windows, Kenwood head unit, Earthquake AMP, 12" kicker sub, Superchips tuner that never worked right...
Bill_L
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 22
Bill_L's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old thread I know but you can sometimes find the SRT boxes for sale. They only hold a 10" and have limited airspace but are a clean look.
I have one that I had a JL10W6V2 in but had to use a pair of 3/4" spacers to make it fit. Since then I have build a custom box with the proper air space that sits behind the passenger seat.

2005 Ram Daytona #1445 / GoManGo! / Mopar CAI / SRT NightRunner 22s / Auburn LSD / Superior 4.56 Gears / Edge TQ / Shift Kit / Edelbrock Headers / Custom Dual Exhaust / Superchips Flashpaq with Trans Tuning / AEM WideBand / Summit Pulley / Viper Electric Fan / DJM 2” arms / McGaughys Flip with Notch and Air Bags / Hotchkis Swaybars / Retrax bed cover /
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: Ask Dwayne (Audio/Electronics) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: