Album  

Tail light moisture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> Daytona General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryland20
Rumblebee Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Tail light moisture Reply with quote

Hey guys - noticed some moisture on the inside of the tail light lens after a car wash this afternoon. I noticed it before when I drove on a rainy day (i know i know...drove in the rain...ouch) and just figured moisture got in after I had recently replaced a bulb earlier that day when the truck was rather wet. I read a while back that you can put the light lens in an oven to get the seals to seal up again. Not sure if this would work or if i need to start looking for a replacement lens. Thanks in advance!
Go ManGo! #10341 "Taste of 1969"
Mopar Remote Start / SRT-10 22" Polished Aluminum Wheels / Flowmaster 70 Big Block Series / APM RamAir Intake / JetPerformance Powr-Flo TB spacer / Superchips Flashpaq Tuned
RumbleRice
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can hear them up in the oven if you want. Why not run a thin bead of silIcon around it to ensure moisture won't get in there.
ryland20
Rumblebee Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea think i will go with some clear silicone - i pulled the lens a bit ago and noticed a small gap in the lower left portion, which is where moisture seems to be at - in the lower portion of the lens. thanks again for the advice!
Go ManGo! #10341 "Taste of 1969"
Mopar Remote Start / SRT-10 22" Polished Aluminum Wheels / Flowmaster 70 Big Block Series / APM RamAir Intake / JetPerformance Powr-Flo TB spacer / Superchips Flashpaq Tuned
RUMBLE BEE 3570

BAD BEE HAVING

Gallery pictures: 46
RUMBLE BEE 3570's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: WET TAILEND Reply with quote

Think Yeah you might be just as well off to get on ebay and get you a used one that doesn't leak, d'oh! I tryed to seal mine but the gap in mine was pretty big and it just wasn't going to look good, Shocked both of mine was so bad the chrome started peeling off on the inside, Crying or Very sad so I had to buy a used set off ebay for 40.00, Applause the colored tail light covers on our Bee's are easy to take off, hammerit fixtit just use some fishing line on the two sided tape and easy to install on another set of lights off any dodge ram of the same year as our Bees, then just get some two sided tape at Autozone and put them on the new one, or you can try to seal it but you'll soon see Shame on you when it rains or you wash your Bee it will still get like steam on the inside of it. Brick wall Hope it works out for ya bro. RUMBLE ON! Cool
IF IT'S NOT A BEE IT'S NOT FOR ME ! I LOVE MY SWEET LITTLE YELLOW BABY! #3570
beetruker
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 72
beetruker's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAIN???, What is this thing called rain on a BEE or DAYTONA???? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
2004 yellow 4x4, #3691
Jason Rage Tonneau Cover with carpet,lights,and keyless entry
Wheel well liners, 20" chrome srt wheels
Mopar bedliner,
Various MRK interior trim,
Driver side cutout and low restriction duals,
Decals from Tony Rumble,
Yellow CAI,
Billet Alum A/C caps,
Billet Alum hood strut covers,
Powder coated fuse box overlay,
Yellow powdercoated valve covers,
Yellow shorty wires,
CST leather seats from Brandie,
tonneau cover wing from stylin trucks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: Daytona General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: