Album  

need help on limited slip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> Ask HEMI 8U2 (Mechanical/Performance)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bee 549
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 35
bee 549's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: need help on limited slip Reply with quote

Iam looking into getting limited slip ? but which is better AUBURN or DETROIT TRU TRAC ?? iam leaning to DTT. any advice would bee helpfull.
thanks 4 any help.

joe

burnout.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  33.74 KB
 Viewed:  4116 Time(s)

burnout.jpg

chrome valve covers.srt-10 bumper cover
billet insert for radiator
LINE of FIRE LIGHT BAR.mod list=srt-10 floor console/5.7-6.1 conversion kit/6.1 cam & springs& rods/magnaflow Y pipe. 6.1 valve covers & coil packs.
mrdaytona804

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would highly recommend the Detroit True Trac!!! the only downside is that it tends to stay locked a majority of the time and since Ive installed it ive been through two sets of back tires (60K).
2005 Daytona QC 2x4 #10694
2010 Ford Taurus SHO RS-402A
2008 Lexus IS-F
bee 549
Seasoned Veteran

bee 549's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: DTT Reply with quote

thanks 4 the info. mrdaytona804.
will bee getting the DTT late spring next year. so that gives me time to find somebody that can put it in wright the first time. as you can tell in the pic up top. she does really good with one wheel. but with both wheels going. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

LINE of FIRE LIGHT BAR.mod list=srt-10 floor console/5.7-6.1 conversion kit/6.1 cam & springs& rods/magnaflow Y pipe. 6.1 valve covers & coil packs.
kay9
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah if i did not get a good deal on my Auburn i would of went with DTT.
TrboBee

Colonel Sanders

Gallery pictures: 27
TrboBee's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the DTT.

its been solid. I havent experienced it staying locked up though when it should be slipping.

still lots of tread on my second set of tires since i got the truck in 05.

3051 Second Swarm 4X4

Current Mods:
SRT10 Hood, Bed Rug, Black headlights, Undercover tonneau, BFI Intake, Superchips Tuner, Dynatech LT header system, 2.5" straight duals with Flow pro Max mufflers, 2/4 drop with air assist bags, 4.56 & DTT, EDGE 2600

Performance:
0-60: 5.57 Seconds in 4hi (old time)

Still For Sale: 4X4 Dynatech headers w/ stub shafts. perfect for a kick ass dual exhaust set up. pm me for details
Bill_L
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 22
Bill_L's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Auburn and I am very happy with it but if I had to do it over again I would get the DTT since there are no clutches to wear out.
My understanding is that when the clutches go in the Auburn you just throw it away and buy another since you can not rebuild them.

2005 Ram Daytona #1445 / GoManGo! / Mopar CAI / SRT NightRunner 22s / Auburn LSD / Superior 4.56 Gears / Edge TQ / Shift Kit / Edelbrock Headers / Custom Dual Exhaust / Superchips Flashpaq with Trans Tuning / AEM WideBand / Summit Pulley / Viper Electric Fan / DJM 2” arms / McGaughys Flip with Notch and Air Bags / Hotchkis Swaybars / Retrax bed cover /
RoasterStrudel
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Auburn in one of my cars and I love it. The only thing that sent me away from the Tru Trac was in case of a no load situation (icy winters). In that case, you'll have a one-wheel peel unless you apply the brakes. The torque bias has to have something to reference to.

Aside from that, unless you're putting serious power to the Tru Trac, it's just great on the street. I've heard stories of them coming apart, or slamming from side to side when launching in drag racing. Nothing is indestructible though.

Plus one on Bill L's comment on the Auburn. They do eventually quit working and gotta go bye bye too.

Good luck on your decision!

Seasoned Veteran

bee 549's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: dtt Reply with quote

well it looks like i will BEE getting the DTT when tax time comes around Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy cant wait to get it. have it put in.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: Ask HEMI 8U2 (Mechanical/Performance) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: