Album  

Upgrading the factory Infinity System

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> Ask Dwayne (Audio/Electronics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryatt-Motion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Upgrading the factory Infinity System Reply with quote

Hello all, I am told by the parts department at my local dealer that I have the Infinity sound system in my RB. I have the RBX system with the 6-disc changer, which just decided to take a vacation without me.

My question is, I am looking into purchasing an aftermarket stereo, or rather, digital media system, and I wanted to know how hard it is to install a system in a vehicle that has the Infinity system, and what am I going to need to complete the task.

I went on Crutchfield.com and they had some strange adapter, that they say is necessary, which cost $159.00. If I need to purchase one of these type of adapters, I am seriously considering just picking up a reconditioned unit through the dealer.

Any assistance in this arena would be appreciated, as I am sick of listening to the radio. If I do go with the stock replacement, does anyone know what Ipod adapter I can use for the stock unit? Sorry for the 20-questoins.

Rick
TrboBee

Colonel Sanders

Gallery pictures: 27
TrboBee's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check out sonicelectronix online.

I got a single din head unit, sub and amp and all the harnesses you could need to wire it up to the premium 7 speaker infinity sound system.

I never thought it was possible to wire all that stuff up myself but i was surprised and amazed that it wasnt actually very hard to do after sitting down and looking everything over carefully.

take the plunge, upgrade that stereo

3051 Second Swarm 4X4

Current Mods:
SRT10 Hood, Bed Rug, Black headlights, Undercover tonneau, BFI Intake, Superchips Tuner, Dynatech LT header system, 2.5" straight duals with Flow pro Max mufflers, 2/4 drop with air assist bags, 4.56 & DTT, EDGE 2600

Performance:
0-60: 5.57 Seconds in 4hi (old time)

Still For Sale: 4X4 Dynatech headers w/ stub shafts. perfect for a kick ass dual exhaust set up. pm me for details
Bill_L
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 22
Bill_L's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That adapter is half off if you buy a head unit from them or its $100 at Sonic.
Depending on if you just want to replace the head unit or go with a full system will dictate what you need. Alot of people will completely disconnect and bypass the factory system and install all new speakers and amps.
At a minimum you will need some better than the typical $15 adapter just to get power from the factory harness to a new unit because of the Can-Bus system.

2005 Ram Daytona #1445 / GoManGo! / Mopar CAI / SRT NightRunner 22s / Auburn LSD / Superior 4.56 Gears / Edge TQ / Shift Kit / Edelbrock Headers / Custom Dual Exhaust / Superchips Flashpaq with Trans Tuning / AEM WideBand / Summit Pulley / Viper Electric Fan / DJM 2” arms / McGaughys Flip with Notch and Air Bags / Hotchkis Swaybars / Retrax bed cover /
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: Ask Dwayne (Audio/Electronics) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: