Album  

Dealer Installed Remote Start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> Daytona General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryland20
Rumblebee Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Dealer Installed Remote Start Reply with quote

Hey all - so I bought my truck in 09' and it came with the factory installed remote start system. I had only used it a handful of times (by accident), mostly because I could never figure out how to get the button press configuration down. My 4 year old son (2yrs at the time) could swipe my keys and start the truck EVERY TIME, but I could never really figure it out.

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong - when I press the button on the remote start module, the parking lights blink, so I know there is a signal the truck is getting. I tried using the fob to lock and arm the truck (press twice for lock, then honk) and then tried to use the remote start, as it seemed that may have worked in the past. But again, cannot figure out what to do...

Can anyone help? Not a big issue, but would like to be able to use the remote start this summer. Thanks all!

Go ManGo! #10341 "Taste of 1969"
Mopar Remote Start / SRT-10 22" Polished Aluminum Wheels / Flowmaster 70 Big Block Series / APM RamAir Intake / JetPerformance Powr-Flo TB spacer / Superchips Flashpaq Tuned
Bill_L
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 22
Bill_L's gallery

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what remotes do you have? My dealer installed remote start came with its own remote so I have the standard lock, unlock, panic button remote that was with the truck from the factory plus the little single button unit that is for the remote start.

Slowing pressing the button twice back to back is what should start the truck. Mine does it 95% of the time, once in a while I will have to try it a second time and when I do the horn will honk with each press but the truck does start.

2005 Ram Daytona #1445 / GoManGo! / Mopar CAI / SRT NightRunner 22s / Auburn LSD / Superior 4.56 Gears / Edge TQ / Shift Kit / Edelbrock Headers / Custom Dual Exhaust / Superchips Flashpaq with Trans Tuning / AEM WideBand / Summit Pulley / Viper Electric Fan / DJM 2” arms / McGaughys Flip with Notch and Air Bags / Hotchkis Swaybars / Retrax bed cover /
ryland20
Rumblebee Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bill - yes, my remote start sounds like yours. I have an fob for the truck and then also a single button module that has a key on the button.

I have tried everything. All that happens is the lights blink. If I press the button once, the lights blink once. If I press it once again immediately following, the lights blink twice. If I press it a third time, the lights blink quickly 5-7 times. It seems it used to work the way you mention, but now I get nothing. It also seemed to work when I locked the truck. Now, nothing seems to work. I know it gets a signal, otherwise the truck wouldn't blink it's lights. Not sure if it's a matter of programming...just strange.

Thanks for the input - please do let me know if you find anything else on the system ok. Thank you again!

Mopar Remote Start / SRT-10 22" Polished Aluminum Wheels / Flowmaster 70 Big Block Series / APM RamAir Intake / JetPerformance Powr-Flo TB spacer / Superchips Flashpaq Tuned
Bill_L
Seasoned Veteran

Bill_L's gallery

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you also have the Sentry Key (grey key) option on your truck? If you do maybe there is a problem with the Skeem Module, If not then maybe there is something going on with the DNA Module or one of the wires going from it to the rest of the harness.

One simple thing to check is to make sure that the hood tilt switch isn't the problem as it would stop everything.
The tilt switch keeps the truck from remote starting with the hood open but if it's bracket is bent so it tilts too much it will keep it from starting. The switch should be mounted on the under side of the hood near the drivers side hinge.

2005 Ram Daytona #1445 / GoManGo! / Mopar CAI / SRT NightRunner 22s / Auburn LSD / Superior 4.56 Gears / Edge TQ / Shift Kit / Edelbrock Headers / Custom Dual Exhaust / Superchips Flashpaq with Trans Tuning / AEM WideBand / Summit Pulley / Viper Electric Fan / DJM 2” arms / McGaughys Flip with Notch and Air Bags / Hotchkis Swaybars / Retrax bed cover /
ryland20
Rumblebee Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, just took a look at the under-hood switch. Thanks for pointing that out, I never knew what that was. I could hear the ball inside when the hood is up, roll back. It was slightly bent upward so I bent it down some so that the ball rolls forward when the hood is shut. I tried the remote start and nothing. Took a look at the wiring and remote start module (under the dash). Some of the wiring looked to have loose connectors at the module, so I unplugged and re-seated them...to no avail. Not quite sure what is going on. It worked nearly all the time. It must be a faulty module box or wire somewhere. What is kinds strange is that when I re-seated the connections, the red LED indicator flashed a few times, then stopped. There is also a program wire with a button on the end, my guess is for programming new remote start fob's. I found the manual a while back and remember reading how to program the additional fob's but I can't seem to find anything like that on the internet. I might call 1-800-34-Mopar next week to see if they can help out.

No big deal really - I can live without it just fine, just figured it'd be nice to have it operating again. I appreciate the help Bill, really man, thanks!

Bill_L
Seasoned Veteran

Bill_L's gallery

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After you double tap the start button does the horn honk any number of times or do anything other than not start?
I don't have the manual for the 05 install but in the 06 version that I found it has some basic trouble shooting.
As an example 4 honks means tach signal not learned so it tells you to make sure the tach lead is connect properly and reprogram the tach singal.
Two honks has to do with the hood switch or the brake switch.

The button you found under the dash is used as part of the programming, the unit has two memory banks with several options in each one.

ryland20
Rumblebee Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no horn honks at all. The lights just flash. The horn never honked, even when the system was working. It has always just flashed it's parking lights. When it was working, I am pretty sure I had to lock the truck using the factory fob and then press the remote start fob button twice, rapidly. That seemed to work, but only some of the time. I have tried a multitude of button presses/combinations, I even tried to do it while sitting in the truck with the key ignition and E-brake set in different spots. Nothing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: Daytona General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: