Album  

After Market parts/ upgrades

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> Product and Vendor area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djmwell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: After Market parts/ upgrades Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I recently bought my 2005 ram rumble bee production #1329 and I was wondering what the rumble bee community would suggest to so first currently my truck is bone stock with everything as it did from the factory
thanks
DaveIam
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 20
DaveIam's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuner, debadge, or leveling kit.
Old truck 2005 Rumble Bee 4x4 #0317
djmwell

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what exaust would you suggest to get I want a nice little rumble while idle
DaveIam
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 20
DaveIam's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a whole big discussion since everyone's ear is a different. I'm running a Flowmaster Delta 44. Nice rumble when I get on it, quiet cab noise.
Old truck 2005 Rumble Bee 4x4 #0317
djmwell

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I have seen a couple guys with the varam hemisphere under glass where do you run the piping for it because on a normal ram it goes under the front number but because of the ground effects that cannot be Done on the rumble bee how is this done?
rowdog_14
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 21
rowdog_14's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always known that intake inlet to replace the black plastic insert in the middle of the bumper.
Jet 180 stat:Trans Cooler:Gauges:Mopar Oil Pressure,Trans Temp,A/F:Dynamic Grounding:TB Grounding:Borla Cat-Back:Sonnax trans line pressure:BBK Shorties #4009:FastMan 85mm Throttle Body:HemiFever Custom Tune:Magnaflow y-pipe #10748:Doug's cutout #H1131 with QTP Electric Cutout: K&N CAI:Comp 268 Cam,6.1 springs and pushrods:Summit UD Pulley:McGaughys shackles:Belltech 5555

Upgrades to come:
1.Edge Torque Converter 2. Detroit TruTrac 3.Motive 4.56 gears
djmwell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any pictures of that because I thought about doing that but wasn't sure how it would work.
rowdog_14
Seasoned Veteran

rowdog_14's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I do not have any pictures myself, but you can do a search on this forum. There are a few people with them installed here. Probably from older post and they may not be as active on the forum as they use to.

Also the questions you are asking could easily be answered by just navigating to the manufactures website. I posted a direct link to the product you are talking about.

http://vararam.com/hemi.html

Jet 180 stat:Trans Cooler:Gauges:Mopar Oil Pressure,Trans Temp,A/F:Dynamic Grounding:TB Grounding:Borla Cat-Back:Sonnax trans line pressure:BBK Shorties #4009:FastMan 85mm Throttle Body:HemiFever Custom Tune:Magnaflow y-pipe #10748:Doug's cutout #H1131 with QTP Electric Cutout: K&N CAI:Comp 268 Cam,6.1 springs and pushrods:Summit UD Pulley:McGaughys shackles:Belltech 5555

Upgrades to come:
rowdog_14
Seasoned Veteran

rowdog_14's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far As exhaust, this is soooo subjective like mentioned by someone above. I say search YouTube at different setups and see what your ear likes. I personally like deep rumble and do care to much for a raspy sounding exhaust or open header/no muffler type exhaust so that is why I got Borla with cutouts after my CAT's.

If you are not trying to get the absolute most out of the 5.7 or trying to open it up a little, I say get a cat back exhaust and call it a day.

Upgrades to come:
CaliberNick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put on the Stainless Steel Single side exit MRBP (Part# S5104409). I love the sound, it's not to loud at all and it looks really good, only complaint is the tip is to short for my liking. I may buy a slighty longer one that pokes out a bit, also maybe a black tip as I'm not much for chrome.

I put in a drop in K&N (part# 33-2247) and then I later put in the FIPK K&N kit (Part# 57-1533). The drop in is probably your best bang for your buck, I like the way the FIPK looks and sounds, only thing is if you are on the gas ever so slightly you get a whistle noise from the intake.

Last thing I did was the Superchips Flashpaq F5 (Part # 3845) and it definitely seemed to give some better throttle response. I have to do some more digging and see if I can find a more aggressive tune for it as the performance one on the unit was for 91 Octane, and where I am we have 87, 89, and 93... so I mine as well get that little bit extra out of the 93.

One last thing I did (it was actually the first thing I did) was change the plugs and put MSD coils (Part# 82568) on it. This made the biggest impact of anything I did to it so far. Just goes to show you, regular tuneups can do more for you than fancy tuners and highflow intakes. Originally I was going to put the Accel coils (Part# 140037-Cool in just because they were Yellow and the MSD were Red, but i found a hell of a deal on the MSD coils (literally half the price of the Accel ones) and so I opted for the MSDs. They did not dissapoint.

Plugs were supposed to be gapped to .040, the old ones I took out were closer to .080... Now that I have put on all these extra parts, I may go with step colder plugs next time and gap to a .036-.038 and see if I can get a bit more out of her. Also looking into some Headers and high flow cats.
Yellowdragon21

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject: JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST RUMBLE BEE Reply with quote

Hey guys bought my first rumble bee. I think I'm the only rumble bee owner on the island of Oahu,Hi!! Anyways just wondering where do I get a hard tonneau cover and where do I order new seat covers at!!! I've seen a few I like. Also any quick mods that won't break the bank!! Thanks
RoasterStrudel
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST RUMBLE BEE Reply with quote

Yellowdragon21 wrote:
Hey guys bought my first rumble bee. I think I'm the only rumble bee owner on the island of Oahu,Hi!! Anyways just wondering where do I get a hard tonneau cover and where do I order new seat covers at!!! I've seen a few I like. Also any quick mods that won't break the bank!! Thanks

Congratulations on your first purchase and welcome to the hive! You may have better results in posting a new thread, but I'll try to help anyway. I usually get a lot of my parts from Summit Racing, but there are lots of vendors out there, I'm just not sure what costs are to deliver to your island. You may want to call a few places to be sure. As for seat covers, I'm not sure what kind you're looking for, but these used to be mighty popular: http://www.brandywinegraphics.com/decal-store.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: Product and Vendor area All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: