Album  

GTX Confirmation
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> GTX General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngryGreen1
Veteran Member

Gallery pictures: 2
AngryGreen1's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Miles and Miles Reply with quote

It has 90K. According to the car fax report, the first owner put about 14k miles on her, and the difference was done by the second owner. I usually max out at 9k/yr.
Thanks for the complements. She will be looking better soon, since I will have some time off during the holidays to pay closer attention to her.
There are a couple of Rumble Bees for sale in my area, but they want about 20K for them; 4x4's. I like the Bees, but this one was unique, and cheaper...lol.
chefred112
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice truck..and it already came with the vararam intake so the previous owner took modding seriously. imo the vararam and bfi are top tiered cai's with everything else 2nd tier..
over 276k miles on odo
Meengreen5.2
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 21
Meengreen5.2's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice truck!
daystar coil spacers
flowmaster muffler
magnaflow high flow y pipe and cat
52mm tb
spectre intake
2010 ram 1500 hemi
2013-16 front end swap
4"rear coil swap
superchips 3865
k&n intake
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
AngryGreen1
Veteran Member

AngryGreen1's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:41 am    Post subject: Morning Reply with quote

I really need another cup of coffee this morning Evil or Very Mad
Thanks for the positive input gents! It's always good to have a little motivationg while working on a project.
Since I purchased the truck last weekend, I will be going over the truck this weekend with a fine tooth comb. I plan to add Bosch Icon wiper blades (wouldn't use any other wiper blades; on all my cars/trucks), I plan to remove the stupid 5.7 Hemi in writing on the hood. I plan to go over the seats with leather cleaning gel. I plan to clean the head light lenses. I plan to have the truck washed, and waxed at the local indoor car wash.
Then, I will try to have the bedcover's lock replaced (damaged by a possible break in attempt). I am not sure if the bedcover is Dodge made, or an aftermarket item. Any suggestions? Anyway, I am visiting a locksmith, so wish me luck. Finally, I will replace the front license plate holder.
After all this, I will get custom plates; Kroovy or LimeGTX ?
Then, it will be time to get down to business.... Laughing
Let me know what projects you all are working on. As I have mentioned before, I am always interested in new ideas, and concepts.
Thanks, Chris
brian dunckley

Gallery pictures: 7
brian dunckley's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you pay? The reson i ask is because I'm thinking about selling mine. It has 43,000 miles and was thinking like $18,500 but don't really want to sell but the wife said i got to many toys.one dealership tried to give me $11,000 and i just laughed at him.

IMG_20110703_192819.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.25 MB
 Viewed:  311 Time(s)

IMG_20110703_192819.jpg

RumbleBeeTuna

PolyHead

Gallery pictures: 15
RumbleBeeTuna's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11k to 15k is about all a Dealer will give you, so thats a good trade in value I think. After all it's only a 1500 Quad Cab. Thats all they see. Private sale is your best bet.
2004 Rumble Bee 4x4 #0419
Drop In K/N
SuperChips 3865 Tuner
CherryBomb Extream Muffler
1/4 mile run 15.702 @ 86 mph

1966 Chrysler Newport
383 Big Block
True Duel 2.5inch Cherry Bomb Extream Mufflers
Dual Snorkel Air Grabber
Coker Classic Whitewalls 2.5inch

2002 VW Jetta GLI VR6 6 Speed Trans
Sachs Struts and Sachs Shocks
High Flow Header and Cat Assy
AngryGreen1
Veteran Member

AngryGreen1's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Green Money Reply with quote

I paid 12,500 for mine. I took some of the mods into consideration, as well as the high mileage (pros/cons). Check out Edmunds.com, the NADA site, and the Kelly Blue Book site for an idea of what the dealer will take for it. Even if it is in good condition, it must have a lot of options, and 4 wheel drive to get the highest dollar offer.
Also remember these sites are run by dealers, or they get their information from the dealers. That being said, the offer will be on the lower end of the the price range. The reason being is that the dealer needs to make a profit on each vehicle that they sell.
Finally, remember that it holds more value to the caring owner than it does to the dealer. So, you may think it's worth $20k when it's not in reality. Like many members on this site say, the custom hood and stripes didn't add that much more to the value over the stock version of the truck. This goes for the Daytona truck as well, I should know because I paid the same price for the Daytona truck that I used to own a year ago.
Oh, and I forgot, if you are trading in the truck you will get more for the truck than if you just sell it to the dealer.
Let me know if this helps. You may wish to consider selling to a person rather than a dealer. This may take longer, but you will get more money in the end.
Good luck, and let me know what happens Very Happy
AngryGreen1
Veteran Member

AngryGreen1's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Truck Opinion Reply with quote

Sorry, I wanted to say nice truck, and great mileage. Maybe you should get rid of the wife instead Twisted Evil Did I say that? Sorry, Dear.
If I was made of money, I would buy it from you. But, I have a wife of my own...lol Shocked .
AngryGreen1
Veteran Member

AngryGreen1's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Cleaning Tips Reply with quote

Cleaning Tips:
1) Blue Magic Headlight Cleaner, and Blue Magic Headlight Sealer do work (2 separate bottles). You don't need a power tool to do the cleaning, but you will need some strong elbows...lol.
2) Turtle Wax Decal and Stain Remover works. It will loosen up the decal or marker writings enough to start removing them. After applying the remover, use a paint cleaner (Mother's), then apply a polish (Mother's) and finally the wax (Mother's). If need be, GENTLY, AND SLOWLY remove the sticker with your fingernail before doing the 3 cleaning steps above.
I am working on finding a good leather cleaner. I have a Mother's liquid cleaner (not spray), but I am not sure how may applications it will take to bring back my seat luster. Right now 1 application seemed to do ok, but it is still not to where I want the shine to be.
AngryGreen1
Veteran Member

AngryGreen1's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Good Old Stand By Reply with quote

Update. The leather conditioner was a good cleaner, but it lacked the shine that I was looking for. Good old Armor All (wet look) did the job. I have been using Armor All ever since I had owned my first car, so I guess I should have stuck with it.
'05 Green Xtreme Ram #0009
=======
Chris
=======
Previously owned:
1971 Nova, 1974 Gran Torino Sport, 1978 Trans Am, 1998 Dodge Dakota, '05 Dodge Ram 2WD Daytona #448, '06 SRT-8 Charger
fairlaneranch

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angrygreen1, I am the second owner of #9 and can answer any questions you have. The 5.7 Hemi decals on the hood are factory installed but you probably removed them already. Anyway I have the certificate AND the floor mats and the window sticker for it still. I sent you a message with my info. Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: GTX General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: