Album  

My 1/4 mile time?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> Track Times
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruff84

i moderate the moderators

Gallery pictures: 13
ruff84's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: My 1/4 mile time? Reply with quote

I got superchips the other day and checked my 1/4 mile time at 75 degrees it was 15.85 at 87 MPH soes that sound right i have a 4X4 with a half tank of gas, i thought it would be alot faster than that well atleast low 15 maybee high 14's any suggest about whats holding me back.

4x4

8.23 @ 81.50 MPH in the 1/8 mile

12.98 @ 102.xx MPH in the 1/4 mile
Rumble Bee Bro
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 5
Rumble Bee Bro's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm id imagine itd bee higher too...but it also depends on the driver Cool

#3078 Second Swarm, Dukes of Hazzard Dixie Horn, Yellow Pine Tree Air-Freshner, Pioneer Head-unit, 6x9 pioneer speakers, 6 1/4 kenwood speakers, Flowmaster 44 series muffler, Functional hood scoop, K&N fipk, matching lunch box......ITS ALL PAID FOR!!!

1978 Pontiac Trans-am - 350 ci th350 tranny, currently under full resto

T/W COLLISION, Tyler Williams, Owner (760) 518-6605
ruff84

ruff84's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you Trying to say? Confused Laughing I Pretty sure i am doing it right the pedal on the right is brake and the one on the left is ga right. Wait it's the other way around.

Anyways... the super chips is on the 91 octane setting with rev limit set to 6100 and 140 top end. I didn't mess with the shift points cause i didn't know what to set them at. so if someone could shoot me their personal prefrence i would like to try a few diffrent ways.

There was about 100 LBs in the bed i have a hard bed cover, and i weigh about 175.

4x4

RUMBLEBEE 1350

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 100 pounds in the bed is costing you 0.1 to 0.2 of a second on your elapse time. Also tire pressure is a factor. Low pressure in the rear tires
until you find that the full tire tread is making contact with the road under acceleration, about 20 psig maybe or so. High pressure in the front tires to reduce tire drag, about 40 psig or so. Of course is this not good on the street. This should gain you 0.2 to 0.3 in elapse time. If you spin the tires alot, the elapse time will suffer. Also try it with the tail gate up and also with the tail gate down, some trucks go faster with the tail gate down? Gasoline is also another factor, I have better luck with Shell premium gasoline. All gains will be in fractions of a second, so try differnt things from your buddies and keep a accurate record of what you do so you'll know what works or does'nt work. LOts of luck.

Da Beest
Site Moderator

Gallery pictures: 24
Da Beest's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't run the superchip and our best time was a 15.1. cool_goatee
ruff84

ruff84's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just rub it in my face will ya!! I didn't spin my tires at all which is weird cause the day before i could roast em for about 3 feet before i left. im gonna call around to all the junk yard to see if i can get some cheap 17 inch rims and tires. Im not sure if i posted this yet, but i have not installed the pace setter long tubes yet. I was wanting to get a best baseline time then install them and see what i gain from the Long tubes. I am running 91 octane from Citgo, where i work. I know they have crappy gas but it was 10 cents cheaper per gallon then shell across the street. I will have to wait to get gas at shell when i run out of gas which from a half a tank should take about 2 blocks. Laughing

4x4

Da Beest
Site Moderator

Gallery pictures: 24
Da Beest's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruff84 wrote:
just rub it in my face will ya!! I didn't spin my tires at all which is weird cause the day before i could roast em for about 3 feet before i left. im gonna call around to all the junk yard to see if i can get some cheap 17 inch rims and tires. Im not sure if i posted this yet, but i have not installed the pace setter long tubes yet. I was wanting to get a best baseline time then install them and see what i gain from the Long tubes. I am running 91 octane from Citgo, where i work. I know they have crappy gas but it was 10 cents cheaper per gallon then shell across the street. I will have to wait to get gas at shell when i run out of gas which from a half a tank should take about 2 blocks. Laughing

Be sure to let the engine cool after every run. Let it set for awhile before ya make the next run!
Also, we added a fuel additive and removed some weight to help out also.
The spare tire would be a good start.
Keep on pluggin brother.

HB BEE
Past TOTM Winner

Gallery pictures: 36
HB BEE's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art and others say that Pasesetters are crap!!! They don't seem to be holding up to the test of time. Art says the best long tubes for our Hemis is Dynatech.
My bee runs like crap on Shell???? I run 76 for the track.

04 Yellow #4768 2x
My baby/money pit!!!!

Last edited by HB BEE on Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hensonmotors
Approved Vendor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HB BEE wrote:
Art and others say that Pasesetters are crap!!! They don't seem to be holding up to the test of time. Art says the best long tubes for our Hemis is Duramax.
My bee runs like crap on Shell???? I run 76 for the track.

We've had numerous issues of the Pacesetters cracking and breaking at the welds, in fact every set we've sold has done that no matter what the application is. The Dynatech Supermaxx's are the ones that seem to be the best made and consistantly make good power. Typical gains for longtubes on the Hemi rams is in the 22-28hp and 30+ ft lbs of torque.

ruff84

ruff84's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive heard that about pace setter's but i also heard good things But for the price i would take my chances.I would have bought a better brand but i couldn't afford it.

My spare tire has been out since i redid the exuast 2 years ago, and i ran it once on the way to work and i got low 16 like 16.08 at 95 degrees, and on the way home from work 7 hours later. I did 15.75 at 75 degree's I thinking about taking my hard tanueau off since my spoiler broke off of it. im sure that thing way a 100 LBS or so. I don't want my truck to bee the fastest thing on 4 wheels but i want it to hold its own. And be able to teach a few retards around here a lesson or two

4x4

Dads Toy
Past division president

Gallery pictures: 90
Dads Toy's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran a 15.99 in full street trim in my 4x4 bee.

can you cancel your header order? not worth spending money on a cheap set that you will replace sooner than you expect. better to just wait and save the money and buy a good set that will last.

every 100 pounds extra / less is good for around .1 second in the quarter.

just go out and have fun, you have a 4x4 like me. they are not made for racing just fun.

good luck to you.

2004 Rumblebee 4x4 #3680
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
2000 Toyota Avalon

Sold:
2007 C6 Corvette
2001 Trans Am with 508hp
1998 Trans Am project car - never finished
FAYETTEVILLIN

KILLA BEE

Gallery pictures: 40
FAYETTEVILLIN's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my best on the superchips is 14.45 and i have 4x4 u have to change the shift points instead of shifting at 5600 u shift at 6500 and thats a good 8-12 mph
4X4 #3037
debaged
custom dual intake
custom straight pipes
pro beam headlight covers
stubbie antenna
grabber uhp
NOS!
ruff84

ruff84's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my best on the superchips is 14.45 and i have 4x4 u have to change the shift points instead of shifting at 5600 u shift at 6500 and thats a good 8-12 mph
Quote:
Are you spraying? and i didn't think that 6500 rpm is safe for the bee. I have mine set at 5850

Yah i know i have a 4x4 but i just like to waist my money Laughing

i can't cancel my order i have had them for 1 month now and have been painting them with high temp paint and getting ready to wrap them in exuast wrap.

4x4

rumblin_hemi05
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 12
rumblin_hemi05's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

witha tuner it takes a awhile for the computer to learn the new settings a couple tanks of gas
zemog255
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 8
zemog255's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it to the track and don't worry about the superchips times there a good measurement tool but the street is never as level as a track or gonna hook as good.

BTW: I have installed 3 sets of pacesetter's one set on my truck and 2 on my other friends and none of us have had any problems they all just bolted right up. I have had mine on for about 6months now and the coating is still perfect.

Hemi777 cai/superchips/borla catback/20% tint sides/5% rear/mopar LSD/Mcgaughy's 2-4 drop/nitro acitive shocks/Pacesetter LT's/ w/or y-pipe/DMH electric cut out/225/55/17's and MT 275/40/17 DR/6.1cam/markVIII efan/black 06+ 20's/tinted tails/cleared headlights/Nx nitrous kit
new: comp 268/SCT Hemifever tuned/innovate lc1
13.39 @ 101mph N/A
13.06 @ 104mph 75shot, full street trim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: Track Times All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: