Album  

Need info on my new truck I bought.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> Track Times
View previous topic :: View next topic  
04beeman

I need to run faster!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Need info on my new truck I bought. Reply with quote

I am reading all kinda stuff about numbers but I need a better answer. I just bought an 04 yellow bee #1202 yesterday and I already waxed 2 ext cab chevy's with the 5.3L. I am wondering what this thing should run totally stock in the 1/4? I am looking to get a few mods but I want to start from stock times then upgrade. Thanks for any help
rdy2rmbl
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 11
rdy2rmbl's gallery

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site. Check out the track times section and if you don't see any stock numbers there maybee another member will post up some for ya!
Rich

rumblebee #2419 YELLOW 4x4, SIDE TINT,
AIRRAM INTAKE, JET STREAM SCOOP,STK BEDLINER,FACTOY MUD FLAPS,WHEEL WELL LINERS,JERICO FIBERGLASS BED COVERWITH STRIPES AND GFX STRIPES,KATZKIN LEATHER, AREO TURBINE 3030 AND TIP, NO RESONATER,SMOKE LED TAIL LIGHTS, BLACK HALO LED HEADLIGHTS, OPTIMA YELLOW TOP BATTERY, DEBADGED, LINE OF FIRE,RECON THIRD BRAKE LIGHT SMOKE, LIQUID METAL WINGMAN 20'S
americanmuscle76

DODGE/CHRYSLER/JEEP TECHNICIAN

Gallery pictures: 68
americanmuscle76's gallery

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon you should be able to run somewhere in the low to mid 15 range in the 1/4 mile completely stock...what kind of modz were you lookin' at? Cool

I need to run faster!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, it depends. I like all motor with heads and cam but I am not sure if they ever make any others other than patriot heads. I just started looking around tonight at mods. I am extremely impressed fellas!! I left the chevy pretty good. My goal is to get some srt 10 chrome 22's and level the back then after that is all motor! My goal in the 1/4 is 12's. I was looking at full bolt ons and a nx 125 wet kit to start.
Dads Toy
Past division president

Gallery pictures: 90
Dads Toy's gallery

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the hive,

are you a 4x4 or 4x2?

It makes a difference. my 4x4 ran a 15.9# but is a little slower than others on this board. the 4x2's run a bit faster with some getting close to 14 second 1/4 mile times

2004 Rumblebee 4x4 #3680
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
2000 Toyota Avalon

Sold:
2007 C6 Corvette
2001 Trans Am with 508hp
1998 Trans Am project car - never finished
04beeman

I need to run faster!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome fellas. I have a 4x2 yellow bee. I can tell that it need a program bad because the shifts could be about 4 hundred rpm more before shifts and could use a timing add. I had the predator programmer on my Z71 I sold for this truck and it was bad. I don't see a programmer that will allow you to adjust fuel and timing. What programmer is good for our trucks?
Dads Toy
Past division president

Gallery pictures: 90
Dads Toy's gallery

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NONE!!

There is NO TUNER available for the HEMI. There are a couple of BS toy tuners as they call them that will allow you to adjust shift points and remove top speed limiter. but NOTHING that qualifies as a REAL Tuner.

Dodge has the PCM locked down and no one has figured out how to crack it up to this point.

A bunch of promises and all BS for delivery.

2004 Rumblebee 4x4 #3680
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
2000 Toyota Avalon

Sold:
2007 C6 Corvette
2001 Trans Am with 508hp
1998 Trans Am project car - never finished
04beeman

I need to run faster!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not even a custom tune? I think this truck has some serious potential if I can change the timing and rpm shifts. It seems to want to keep pulling hard but shifts before it's finished making power.
TrboBee

Colonel Sanders

Gallery pictures: 27
TrboBee's gallery

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want the best tuner thats out there at th emoment, get the supierchips flashpaq. it lets you do the basic stuff like "performance tune" adjust shift points and rev limiter, and it removes a lot of torque management so you get much firmer shifts.

diablo sport was allegedly releasing a tuner with full customization for timing an fuel etc, but i think everyone forgot about it after the release date was pushed back.

if you want a decent start for mods, go with a good cai, flashpaq and exhaust. those 3 make a pretty decent combo. then of course you can do headers, get some 4.56 gears and a torque converter. might as well go ahead with the heads and cam swap after that then you'll be cookin. one day when proper tuning comes out then you'll really see what these trucks are capable of Wink

3051 Second Swarm 4X4

Current Mods:
SRT10 Hood, Bed Rug, Black headlights, Undercover tonneau, BFI Intake, Superchips Tuner, Dynatech LT header system, 2.5" straight duals with Flow pro Max mufflers, 2/4 drop with air assist bags, 4.56 & DTT, EDGE 2600

Performance:
0-60: 5.57 Seconds in 4hi (old time)

Still For Sale: 4X4 Dynatech headers w/ stub shafts. perfect for a kick ass dual exhaust set up. pm me for details
TrboBee

Colonel Sanders

TrboBee's gallery

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B&G chrysler can supposedly do a custom tune for whatever your mods are. ive heard a few good things about it too.

dont ask me why they are the only ones who can tune these trucsk while everyone else is struggling though.

3051 Second Swarm 4X4

Current Mods:
SRT10 Hood, Bed Rug, Black headlights, Undercover tonneau, BFI Intake, Superchips Tuner, Dynatech LT header system, 2.5" straight duals with Flow pro Max mufflers, 2/4 drop with air assist bags, 4.56 & DTT, EDGE 2600

Performance:

Still For Sale: 4X4 Dynatech headers w/ stub shafts. perfect for a kick ass dual exhaust set up. pm me for details
04beeman

I need to run faster!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I will start with full bolt ons then. I know I am asking a million questions but bare with me ok? lol I was also looking at the nx wet kits due to us not being able to tune the truck this might be a better route with bolt ons. Anyone running a 125 shot? What kinda nitrous times are being put down with these trucks? I am doing searches here as we speak also but I like to ask a few of my own curious cuestions ya know?
americanmuscle76

DODGE/CHRYSLER/JEEP TECHNICIAN

Gallery pictures: 68
americanmuscle76's gallery

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

04beeman wrote:
well, it depends. I like all motor with heads and cam but I am not sure if they ever make any others other than patriot heads. I just started looking around tonight at mods. I am extremely impressed fellas!! I left the chevy pretty good. My goal is to get some srt 10 chrome 22's and level the back then after that is all motor! My goal in the 1/4 is 12's. I was looking at full bolt ons and a nx 125 wet kit to start.

Most excellent...you may want to look at Sharadon performance...I know they make hemi headz...KRC performance is another company I believe. The 12's are a good goal to shoot for...perhapz someday I'll get there...I'd be happy if my truck runz in the 15's right now... Cool

Colonel Sanders

TrboBee's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

these hemis make some monster torque on the juice Cool

3051 Second Swarm 4X4

Current Mods:

Performance:

Chief
Site Supporter

Gallery pictures: 56
Chief's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the HIVE

James (RumbleBee 1948)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
confederedneck
Site Supporter

Gallery pictures: 28
confederedneck's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the hive! Where ya located?

CST leather interior
MRK goodies
Spring clamps
CAI
Flowmaster Super 40 with d/s cutout
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: Track Times All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: