Album  

transmission problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> Rumble Bee General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnwho#2283

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: transmission problems Reply with quote

I just dropped off my Bee at the dealer for the third time tonight. Confused
1st Time the check engine light came on I could notice a slight slippage in tranny. Dealer found no problems and reset engine light. Truck ran fine.

2nd Time check engine light came on the tranny was slipping between 1st and 2nd finally slamming into 2nd. Along with that I had no passing gear. Dealer says it was the in and out sceners. So they were replaced. Truck ran fine.

3rd Time Mad check engine light came on tranny slips between 1st and 2nd and now will not shift into drive.When driving down the highway @ 60 mph my motor is turning 3000 rpm's and no passing gear. I have about had my fill of the dodge ram
All this and I have only 4000 miles on My Bee. Crying or Very sad
My question is. Has any body ells experienced any similar problems?
1EvilBee

Steve the Smart Ass

Gallery pictures: 14
1EvilBee's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you drive it like you stole it for the first 500 miles, then that's your problem. Dodge doesn't have a good rep for transmissions
Black '04 Bee #501
Mods: Too much to list
Checkout my Gallery at:
www.dodgetruckworld.com/CaliBadBee
"Is that the Viper truck?!?"
"Yeah, I just did a Rumble Bee conversion to keep it as a sleeper..."
Baloo

quit your bitchin

Gallery pictures: 62
Baloo's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have drove every Dodge I have owned, and currently own like I stoled it until I hit 10k, and have never had any transmission problems. This is my forth Dodge Truck, and we also have a Neon, and a PT.

Randy K Milholland wrote:

Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.

Updated 31 Dec 2006
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Johnwho#2283

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Thats not it at all. I have really taken it easy. The dealer called today and they don't know what is wrong with. They have there best tranny tec working on it. They have contacted someone in detroit and wainting on a answer. I have been driving a Durango nice but I want my bee back.
RumbleBee2481

sold

Gallery pictures: 40
RumbleBee2481's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodge trannys suck there aint no other word unless your and old man who drives slow and never goes above 30mph, but if your most people we use it, abuse it, and then problems with the trans. my 99 ram on 36's had tons of trubble. its a dodge get used to it . like the chevy guys and blowing up transfer cases, you just get used to the POOR designs in every macifactur vechicle. jsut have fun till it goes. thats why they make waranties!
Johnwho#2283

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either get use to it! I don’t think so! Make them get me another truck or may be a Grand Cherokee. I did not pay 20K for a get use to it problem. I expect a dependable truck. Not one that is in the shop more than it is on the road. It is a good looking truck but not that good looking!
Dave from the services department did call, it is a modulator and that it is on order if it comes in this Tuesday I will be lucky. From what he said it is not a stock idem. Well have to try and find one?
Wildbee3685
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no way would i put up with the same problem then coincider letting them half a## a job for ya. who is paying the payments, and who is going through the problems, you! persistance persistance persistance! make "Them" miserable!
my salesman is my friend....thats where it ends!!!! told him"dic# me and your fu&%ed", money has screwed up everything when it comes to quality.
service, is only as good as what you let them get by with! MAKE them make it right.
and as far as dodge trannys......i work for a company that has mostly dodge, heavy hauling, heavy overlimit towing, what truck is in the trans shop now???? "and i am a chevy fan" CHEVY. today all makes has probs...make em fix it!
GrumbleBee4571
Veteran Member

Gallery pictures: 7
GrumbleBee4571's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope dodge gets it fixed for you cus thats bull man its like they did not wanna help you with it. Evil or Very Mad
KingBee
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn man,...that sucks. Why can't it be like the old days,..where quality parts were made? Sucks that we have to have compromises to every new vehicle that comes out just so the company can make maximum profit.
BEE KING 1459
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: 6 SPEED/RumbleBEE Reply with quote

Anyone out there; or someone that works for Chrysler, heard if maybe they will ever come out with a 6 speed MANUAL tranny in the BEE like the SRT-10 Question Would BEE nice. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
melloyello
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read this...............
http://www.thehemi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=808&sid=121922460afa8f93f71f5b9808eccd5d
Wildbee3685
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesnt Dodge have a warm up sensor in the tranny?
my dakota did the same thing, minus the whiring sound. but untill it warmed up it wouldnt go into overdrive. i know he said second, but i heard somewhere that sensor was adjustable.??
Horse Crazy 1605

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: transmission problems Reply with quote

My Bee has 8450 miles on it and I have had NO problems with the transmission and I am pulling a 21ft gooseneck horse trailer.
May be just a bad trans in your Bee. If you don't like the way the dealer is treating you, contact Dodge. My dealer calls everytime I have the Bee serviced and wants to know if everything was satisfactory during my visit. Then, the next day or so and independent company calls and asks me to rate the dealership at the time of the service.
Hope they get it fixed to your satisfaction. I would go crazy without my Bee!!!! Exclamation Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: Rumble Bee General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: