Album  

(no longer pertinent)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> SS/T and Indy General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IndyRamMan
Rumblebee Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: (no longer pertinent) Reply with quote

My thoughts are of course with the friends and family of this extremely unhappy student But also with the professor Seriously, we all know that some professors can be *rseholes, and nuttycat might h
dependent protein kinase in Drosophila levels of all the metabolites present in all From a convergence of biochemical assays
retina, the most abundant classes of cells can revert into functional stem cells in Among the negative-strand RNA viruses
Alias: Euphor Class: Shaman Class Gender: Female

Cam Idle, 2500 rev.
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/mrWilsoN87/?action=view&current=MVI_0649.flv

Last edited by IndyRamMan on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:29 am; edited 2 times in total
IndyRamMan
Rumblebee Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished everything up...just tryin to get the timing right so I can start it...I almost had it, and it sounded REALLY NASTY just on cranking...I cant wait to get it runnin.

Cam Idle, 2500 rev.
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/mrWilsoN87/?action=view&current=MVI_0649.flv
HEMIB3899
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 18
HEMIB3899's gallery

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep us posted Very Happy
- Line of Fire - Tinted Windows - Yellow/Purple Loom on engine - MRK Mods - K&N Filter - Flowmaster w/o Rez - Dodge Bedliner - Rear Wheel Well Liners - Ventshades - 10" Windshield Banner - Black 4x4 - Hemi Floor Mats
- Black Headliner - Superchips 3865 - CDT Comps speakers - Pioneer HU - MOFO 10" Sub - BAMF 1200W Amp - Custom Enclosure
ND RAM

Deactivated

Gallery pictures: 140
ND RAM's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IndyRamMan wrote:
Finished everything up...just tryin to get the timing right so I can start it...I almost had it, and it sounded REALLY NASTY just on cranking...I cant wait to get it runnin.

A word of advice. The timing isn't set on a Magnum like the old LA engines. The computer sets the timing by the crank position sensor. The distributor is just a fuel syncronization device, not really a good idea to move it.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/9f4bdfca-1364-4741-85fa-98b1012e3a5d.htm
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/2a207f15-ac3f-4670-b8f4-98b1012ddcc2.htm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
IndyRamMan
Rumblebee Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ND RAM wrote:
IndyRamMan wrote:

A word of advice. The timing isn't set on a Magnum like the old LA engines. The computer sets the timing by the crank position sensor. The distributor is just a fuel syncronization device, not really a good idea to move it.

RamThis wrote:
oil pump/rotor drive gear slot should point towards #1 cylinder, but almost front to back, like it's pointed at the #1 intake manifold to head bolt.

As for the distributor, turning it wont effect timing as it's computer controlled, but it will effect your fuel sync, or when the injectors fire. Set the engine at TDC #1 Compression, and backprobe the connector on the distributor for the cam position sensor (the little black plate under the rotor and cap) Loosen the distributor bolt and clamp, and turn it back or forward until you see your volt meter either jump to 5V DC, or drop to 0V DC. The point where it drops and jumps is close to your optimal fuel sync. Clamp the distributor back down tight and that should get you good enough to start and run it fine. Then once you get it running and driving, take it to someone with a DRB scanner that can check the fuel sync through the PCM and see where it is. I'd set it around a +3 to +4.

Did you degree the cam in with a degree wheel?

I think I may have installed the dist 180 off. What I did when I installed it was to try and put it where I pulled it (set at tdc when I started everything) When I pulled it at tdc the rotor was pointing to #2, so when I put it back in, thats where I set it ( Im pritty sure that I was mistaken where it was when I pulled it though.) So I set it back pointing at #2, The haynes book appears to have it point at #8. I figgure pointing at #1 is the usuial thing like most people are saying. So what I found while diognosing the problem is at tdc the rotor points at the firewall. A little twards the drivers seat, so what I did was to take the tower that it was pointing at and moved #1 wire to there and started the fireing order from that spot. I tried that and moved the dist arround a bit and got it to run without the key for about 2 seconds (poorly but it sorta ran) Then my starter bendix gave out. So Im fairly certian I have to move the rotor to point #1, but Im not quite certian how to go about doing that. Can I pull the dist and stick a screwdriver down there and turn the shaft till it points #1? Or can I pick up the gear by hand and turn it till it points #1? Or do I have to pull the cam again? (Id rather not do the last one) Thanks

Cam Idle, 2500 rev.
IndyRamMan
Rumblebee Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries....IT RUNS!!! Ill get a video tomorrow. Feels great though

Cam Idle, 2500 rev.
IndyRamMan
Rumblebee Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam for you. (before valves were adjusted)

the looks.

Cam Idle, 2500 rev.
Bee Keeper
Post Whores Anonymous member

Gallery pictures: 4
Bee Keeper's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds awesome! Cool

Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.

BLACK/SECOND SWARM #2971
FUNCTIONAL 440 SIX PACK HOOD
MOPAR BED COVER W/STRIPE
STRIPE EXTENSIONS
TINTED WINDOWS
DEBADGED
KATZKINS
BEDRUG
275/55/20 NEXEN ROADIAN HP's

GO FAST OR GO HOME! Piss on Ford
ND RAM

Deactivated

Gallery pictures: 140
ND RAM's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. We expect new track #'s by this weekend. Cool

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/9f4bdfca-1364-4741-85fa-98b1012e3a5d.htm
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/wm/2a207f15-ac3f-4670-b8f4-98b1012ddcc2.htm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
IndyRamMan
Rumblebee Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/mrWilsoN87/?action=view&current=MVI_0662.flv

Track isnt open till march 1st, so this'll haveta do

Cam Idle, 2500 rev.
ZZ
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 24
ZZ's gallery

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice Job man, glad you got the Fuel Sync figured out. Nice when you find out that its only 180 off. I've done that too many times to feel proud about Embarassed

congrats on getting it running, looking forward to see what kind of times you're getting now. I was running low 14s with a 210X cam and ported stocker heads, so you should be mid 14s at least! Twisted Evil

now get you some eddy heads and an M1!!

Ty

The Wife's:
2005 Rumblebee Yellow #4953
15.1@88mph (stock)
Powdercoated Valve Covers, E-Fan, Spring Clamps, Superchips, Pace Setter Longtubes, true duals

www.krcperformance.com

"Equal Rights For All, Special Privileges For None." - Thomas Jefferson
IndyRamMan
Rumblebee Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZZ wrote:
nice Job man, glad you got the Fuel Sync figured out. Nice when you find out that its only 180 off. I've done that too many times to feel proud about Embarassed

congrats on getting it running, looking forward to see what kind of times you're getting now. I was running low 14s with a 210X cam and ported stocker heads, so you should be mid 14s at least! Twisted Evil

now get you some eddy heads and an M1!!

Ty

most definately. Could you tell me what else you had on your setup when you were running when you ran low 14s?

Cam Idle, 2500 rev.
ZZ
Seasoned Veteran

ZZ's gallery

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IndyRamMan wrote:

most definately. Could you tell me what else you had on your setup when you were running when you ran low 14s?

Sure thing, I don't know what else you have done but here was my list:
M1, 2bbl TB, Mopar Tri-Ys, KRC Cam Cal, APS Built Trans, MP 2400 Stall, 24 lb injectors, 210X cam, hand ported stock magnum heads, and 4.10s.

I also always ran with a 120lb tonneau cover.

You'll probably compensate for the low end with your kegger mod over the m1. Next step I would definately go with some Eddy Heads, 1.6rrs, bigger TB if you don't already have one, and a tune. Then worry about the M1 (which keeps going up in price Sad )

All in all, some heads will do the trick to get you into the low 14s. Then you might want to consider a BIG cam and SCT... Aircowboy has the 224X and his truck is running with LS1s on a stock bottom end. Needs a heafty tune to handle it though, but its a screamer!!!!!!!

Ty

The Wife's:
15.1@88mph (stock)
Powdercoated Valve Covers, E-Fan, Spring Clamps, Superchips, Pace Setter Longtubes, true duals

www.krcperformance.com

IndyRamMan
Rumblebee Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sofar my truck is basicly stock except for the valvetrain. basic bolt ons ran a 15.03 @ 89.9. When I put the cam in I also ran harland sharp 1.6s on studs, comp magnum pushrods, mopar lifters, and mopar springs. I raced my buddy that runs a low 14 and we were neck and neck at @1320 we have marked out on a backroad. Still have the gears and posi to put in and quite a bit of weight to lose before the track, so Im hoping as is now I can run low 14s.

Cam Idle, 2500 rev.
ZZ
Seasoned Veteran

ZZ's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good deal man, I think you'll be able to pull it off.

Ty

The Wife's:
15.1@88mph (stock)

www.krcperformance.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: SS/T and Indy General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: