Album  

Intermittent Wiper Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> Ask HEMI 8U2 (Mechanical/Performance)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HEMIB3899
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 18
HEMIB3899's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - same thing here - I have even been walking up to my truck in the morning and they have come on before - NOT EVEN IN THE TRUCK YET. Just one swipe mind you but it scared the hell out of me. Shocked
- Line of Fire - Tinted Windows - Yellow/Purple Loom on engine - MRK Mods - K&N Filter - Flowmaster w/o Rez - Dodge Bedliner - Rear Wheel Well Liners - Ventshades - 10" Windshield Banner - Black 4x4 - Hemi Floor Mats
- Black Headliner - Superchips 3865 - CDT Comps speakers - Pioneer HU - MOFO 10" Sub - BAMF 1200W Amp - Custom Enclosure
TrboBee

Colonel Sanders

Gallery pictures: 27
TrboBee's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was having the exact problem too with the intermittent.

...and then the wiper arm linkage that connects to the passenger side broke and i was left with only a driver side wiper. which was awesome because it was raining heavy for a few weeks when this happened.

went to the stealership and they replaced the wiper control module and new linkage and the intermittent actually does what it is supposed to!!! its actually really weird to see it function normally. i kinda miss the mind of its own behaviour. haha

3051 Second Swarm 4X4

Current Mods:
SRT10 Hood, Bed Rug, Black headlights, Undercover tonneau, BFI Intake, Superchips Tuner, Dynatech LT header system, 2.5" straight duals with Flow pro Max mufflers, 2/4 drop with air assist bags, 4.56 & DTT, EDGE 2600

Performance:
0-60: 5.57 Seconds in 4hi (old time)

Still For Sale: 4X4 Dynatech headers w/ stub shafts. perfect for a kick ass dual exhaust set up. pm me for details
der.harleyman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Wiper motor -->> Don´t replace it! Repair it! Reply with quote

Hi, always the same story...
Most time it´s the wiper motor. You can easily replace it or if you want to save some money, repair it. You´ll have to take out the wiper motor anyway. On top of the little gear inside of the motor there is a little black plastic cover. Lift it up carefully. Inside you´ll find some white grease. Wipe it out and save it! You´ll need that grease again later. Done that, you can see electrical contacts colored like polished brass that turn around when the motor is running. Try to clean these contacts with some car polish. In hard cases you can use a piece of grindung paper from your painshop first. Be shure to use the finest (wet grinding) paper you can get und act carefully not to destroy the contact surface. Do the same thing on the contacts on the opposite inside the black plastic cover. Clean everything throughly and apply the white grease on the electrical contacts again. Now it´s time to complete everything again.
You still might have some fault wipes occasionally. The contact surfaces need a little time to work fine again. This happened maybe 20 times on a rainy day at our bee. Since that day the wiper works like new!
Money: --$--
Time: max. 1/2 hour, after taking the motor out of your bee.

Good luck!
harley
abitwar10
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 54
abitwar10's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't drive in the rain.

Problem fixed. Wink

2003 Harley Davidson Vrod (Black)
Second Swarm 4x4 #4266 (Yellow)

K&N drop-in, Truxedo low profile tonneau, AT3030, Bed Rug, Honeycomb Ram floor mats, stripe extensions, custom pedals, Honeycomb Grille, SRT wing, MRK accents, custom etched Chrome fuel door, '06 Chrome Ram Wheels, Infinity reference components powered by Pioneer, JL 10w6v2 in a HotBox powered by JL Audio
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: Ask HEMI 8U2 (Mechanical/Performance) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: