Album  

Mods
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> SS/T and Indy General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ram_SS-T

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Mods Reply with quote

I just recently purchased 1997 Dodge Ram SS/T in October 2008. The truck is in great condition and purchased with 77,500 miles on it. I am kind of new the the american muscle scene due to driving Lexus' till now. I am trying to figure out the best way to increase my horsepower and Would like to know the best parts for the job. So far ive stockpiled a list for parts I would like to get

AEM Brute Force CAI Intake
JetChip stage 1 PCM
JETChip Throttle Body Spacer
Flowmaster or Gibson Dual side exit exhaust

If anyone can help me I would love to hear some suggestions. Like I said I am pretty new and any kind of input or advice is very very appreciated.

Thanks, Colin
gtx0227
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 31
gtx0227's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Mods Reply with quote

Ram_SS-T wrote:
I just recently purchased 1997 Dodge Ram SS/T in October 2008. The truck is in great condition and purchased with 77,500 miles on it. I am kind of new the the american muscle scene due to driving Lexus' till now. I am trying to figure out the best way to increase my horsepower and Would like to know the best parts for the job. So far ive stockpiled a list for parts I would like to get

AEM Brute Force CAI Intake
JetChip stage 1 PCM
JETChip Throttle Body Spacer
Flowmaster or Gibson Dual side exit exhaust

If anyone can help me I would love to hear some suggestions. Like I said I am pretty new and any kind of input or advice is very very appreciated.

Thanks, Colin

supercharger Very Happy Laughing Laughing Very Happy

but seriously welcome to the hive. you would defently want to attack some headers. Long Tubes work great. high flow cats are good too. im not too sure about tuning wise(chip/reprogrammer) you could also put a posi rear with some lower gears in it. nothing too low but something to give it a little bit of a launch off the line.a stall speed converter,valve body are all good mods to.

i could go on all day about parts. even thought i probaly couldnt install most of them Laughing

Mods:Mac CAI/Lime Green Taylor spark plug wires/BBK shorty headers(want long tubes)/pacesetters catback/DJM 2-4 Drop/Sir Michaels roll pan/Recon Smoked Red tails/20% tint/Honey Comb Grill/srt-10 Gauge Pillar/AeroForce Interceptor Scan Gauge / DSP/180tstat/06+ 20's/yellow fogs/Front Sway Bar Removed

Awaiting Install:
NGK 4306 Spark plugs/Grant Kustoms Roll Pan/Shaved Tailgate/Srt-10 hood
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
Ram_SS-T

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback really, where could i get thet posi rear with lower gears? I would guess at a tuning performance shop?
gtx0227
Seasoned Veteran

gtx0227's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ram_SS-T wrote:
Thanks! I appreciate the feedback really, where could i get thet posi rear with lower gears? I would guess at a tuning performance shop?

im lookin online for you now. you loc in philly? im about 5 mins from the betsy ross bridge. ill look on a few sites & see what i can find for ya.

post some photo's up of that truck of yours! this site is great. alot of great people here. ask questions their is always somebody willing to help!

Mods:Mac CAI/Lime Green Taylor spark plug wires/BBK shorty headers(want long tubes)/pacesetters catback/DJM 2-4 Drop/Sir Michaels roll pan/Recon Smoked Red tails/20% tint/Honey Comb Grill/srt-10 Gauge Pillar/AeroForce Interceptor Scan Gauge / DSP/180tstat/06+ 20's/yellow fogs/Front Sway Bar Removed

Awaiting Install:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
gtx0227
Seasoned Veteran

gtx0227's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your truck is a
2wd
5.9L motor correct?

Awaiting Install:
Ram_SS-T

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct
gtx0227
Seasoned Veteran

gtx0227's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ram_SS-T wrote:
Correct

they dont seem to make long tubes for your truck. shorty headers will improve some power. are you lookin to put a big cam in there or leave the motor alone.?

Awaiting Install:
SecondSwarm1785

aka "The Big Spoon"

Gallery pictures: 51
SecondSwarm1785's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your in philly? Im in conshohocken...about 15mins away....will you be going to Carlisle and showing your truck/hanging out with us other members?
2005 Black Bee 4x4 #1785
267 RWHP

1967 Pontiac GTO-showcar
too many mods to list
Dads Toy
Past division president

Gallery pictures: 90
Dads Toy's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the hive.

First, if you want more power forget the flowmaster. guarenteed to loose power. ask me how I know. Very Happy

2nd, sell it and buy a truck with a hemi if you are wanting a dodge truck.

Just kidding but I have a 2001 with the 5.9 and my 2004 hemi. no comparison between the power levels of the two of them. my 5.9 gets 10 mpg no matter what and my hemi with over 100 hp more gets 14 in town and 17-19 depending on driving style on the highway.

2004 Rumblebee 4x4 #3680
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
2000 Toyota Avalon

Sold:
2007 C6 Corvette
2001 Trans Am with 508hp
1998 Trans Am project car - never finished
Mr. Sarcasm 2870

Resident wise-acre

Gallery pictures: 9
Mr. Sarcasm 2870's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mopar parts number: P5153605. 392 Hemi crate engine. That should do.
2005 Dodge Ram Daytona #2870. Silver, reg cab, short bed.
Mods: Borla exhaust, K&N FIPK Intake, Zex nitrous, Superchips 3815 Tuner, Tinted windows. More coming as time and money allow

-Mark-

"It's just a truck"
TrboBee

Colonel Sanders

Gallery pictures: 27
TrboBee's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mopar performance has some good stuff for the 5.9

computer upgrade with a decent flowing head/cam combo + some headers and you'll probably be pretty happy

3051 Second Swarm 4X4

Current Mods:
SRT10 Hood, Bed Rug, Black headlights, Undercover tonneau, BFI Intake, Superchips Tuner, Dynatech LT header system, 2.5" straight duals with Flow pro Max mufflers, 2/4 drop with air assist bags, 4.56 & DTT, EDGE 2600

Performance:
0-60: 5.57 Seconds in 4hi (old time)

Still For Sale: 4X4 Dynatech headers w/ stub shafts. perfect for a kick ass dual exhaust set up. pm me for details
Meengreen5.2
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 21
Meengreen5.2's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive got a 5.2 ram with the jet performance chip, Airram power wire, Magnaflow hi-flow y pipe with cat and stock Manifolds, Cold air intake... The truck out runs my uncles 5.9 and keeps up to stock 4.7's and ford 5.4's
daystar coil spacers
flowmaster muffler
magnaflow high flow y pipe and cat
52mm tb
spectre intake
2010 ram 1500 hemi
2013-16 front end swap
4"rear coil swap
superchips 3865
k&n intake
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
MOPAR360

BAD ASS/T

Gallery pictures: 15
MOPAR360's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a 409 stroker kit Twisted Evil
hi-flow cat
throttle body spacer
transmission cooler
k&n air filter
removed decals on doors
tinted windows
kill switch
Ram_SS-T

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHA thanks for the reply's, I am actually located in King of Prussia not to far away from Conshohoken. Is there any word on those posi rear lower gears GTX?
gtx0227
Seasoned Veteran

gtx0227's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ram_SS-T wrote:
HAHA thanks for the reply's, I am actually located in King of Prussia not to far away from Conshohoken. Is there any word on those posi rear lower gears GTX?

havent had time to look around beed runnin around like a chicken with no head Very Happy . i will check for you. i just need to know what size rear came with those trucks. i know a guy that handles gear ratio's and posi rears, tansmissions,motor work ect. he owns a performance shop about 30 mins from me. they do great work. i can fill you in by the end of tonight..

and my name is mike .

illg et back to you soon

Awaiting Install:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: SS/T and Indy General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: