Album  

Mods
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> SS/T and Indy General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
coldduc
Member




Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 3
Location: daytona beach fl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: posi and lower gears Reply with quote

Ram_SS-T wrote:
Thanks! I appreciate the feedback really, where could i get thet posi rear with lower gears? I would guess at a tuning performance shop?


Hey Ram_SS-T
if it's true SST it should have a factory sure grip ( posi ) rear already with 3.55 ratio
9.25 rear 3.92 gears are all over the place available... just do a google search for 3.92 9.25 dodge rear and pick your vendor and price...
if it has stock tires and wheels 3.92 is a nice upswap... you'll have to recal speedo afterwards to be accurate, though and the ring /pinion set you buy has to be abs applicable
run a build sheet request at the link below to see how the truck cam equipped from factory if you didn't get the window sticker with the truck

http://www-5.dodge.com/wccsapp/unive...ull&category=R



HPIM4954.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  480.84 KB
 Viewed:  343 Time(s)

HPIM4954.JPG


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
gtx0227
Seasoned Veteran




Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Posts: 3145
Gallery pictures: 31
gtx0227's gallery
Location: New Jersey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: posi and lower gears Reply with quote

coldduc wrote:
Ram_SS-T wrote:
Thanks! I appreciate the feedback really, where could i get thet posi rear with lower gears? I would guess at a tuning performance shop?


Hey Ram_SS-T
if it's true SST it should have a factory sure grip ( posi ) rear already with 3.55 ratio
9.25 rear 3.92 gears are all over the place available... just do a google search for 3.92 9.25 dodge rear and pick your vendor and price...
if it has stock tires and wheels 3.92 is a nice upswap... you'll have to recal speedo afterwards to be accurate, though and the ring /pinion set you buy has to be abs applicable
run a build sheet request at the link below to see how the truck cam equipped from factory if you didn't get the window sticker with the truck

http://www-5.dodge.com/wccsapp/unive...ull&category=R


damn thats one sweet lookin ride!!!!

_________________
2004 HEMI GTX 0227

Mods:Mac CAI/Lime Green Taylor spark plug wires/BBK shorty headers(want long tubes)/pacesetters catback/DJM 2-4 Drop/Sir Michaels roll pan/Recon Smoked Red tails/20% tint/Honey Comb Grill/srt-10 Gauge Pillar/AeroForce Interceptor Scan Gauge / DSP/180tstat/06+ 20's/yellow fogs/Front Sway Bar Removed

Awaiting Install:
NGK 4306 Spark plugs/Grant Kustoms Roll Pan/Shaved Tailgate/Srt-10 hood
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
SublimeGTX
Post Whores Anonymous member




Joined: 01 Sep 2004
Posts: 10873
Gallery pictures: 34
SublimeGTX's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checking the net I came up with these "unrealistic" claims ...


AEM Brute Force CAI Intake
13.3 HP Gain
http://www.jeepreviews.com/jeep-parts-reviews/403/aem-cold-air-intake/

JetChip stage 1 PCM
25 HP Gain
http://www.howellautomotive.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=155

JETChip Throttle Body Spacer
9 HP Gain
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=horsepower+gain+JETChip+Throttle+Body+Spacer++Dodge+truck&btnG=Search

Flowmaster or Gibson Dual side exit exhaust
15-20 HP Gain
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=horsepower+gain+Flowmaster+or+Gibson+Dual+side+exit+exhaust+Dodge+truck&btnG=Search

If you add them all together you would gain a total of 67.3 HP.

_________________
Deb wife of Sublime/Roger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TrboBee


Colonel Sanders


Joined: 25 Sep 2005
Posts: 6343
Gallery pictures: 27
TrboBee's gallery
Location: Vancouver, BC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SublimeGTX wrote:
Checking the net I came up with these "unrealistic" claims ...


AEM Brute Force CAI Intake
13.3 HP Gain
http://www.jeepreviews.com/jeep-parts-reviews/403/aem-cold-air-intake/

JetChip stage 1 PCM
25 HP Gain
http://www.howellautomotive.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=155

JETChip Throttle Body Spacer
9 HP Gain
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=horsepower+gain+JETChip+Throttle+Body+Spacer++Dodge+truck&btnG=Search

Flowmaster or Gibson Dual side exit exhaust
15-20 HP Gain
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=horsepower+gain+Flowmaster+or+Gibson+Dual+side+exit+exhaust+Dodge+truck&btnG=Search

If you add them all together you would gain a total of 67.3 HP.


the older magnum engies suffered from being choked and not tuned very well for performance.
get the air flowing in and out of the engine better and give it a good tune and you should be happy with the performance increases until you start craving more power Laughing

_________________
Anthony - If you cant beat em, join em...and then beat em!

3051 Second Swarm 4X4

Current Mods:
SRT10 Hood, Bed Rug, Black headlights, Undercover tonneau, BFI Intake, Superchips Tuner, Dynatech LT header system, 2.5" straight duals with Flow pro Max mufflers, 2/4 drop with air assist bags, 4.56 & DTT, EDGE 2600

Performance:
0-60: 5.57 Seconds in 4hi (old time)

Still For Sale: 4X4 Dynatech headers w/ stub shafts. perfect for a kick ass dual exhaust set up. pm me for details
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
SecondSwarm1785


aka "The Big Spoon"


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 1941
Gallery pictures: 51
SecondSwarm1785's gallery
Location: Plymouth Meeting, PA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

King of Prussia?!! Niice!! We'll have to meet up! We can caravan to Carlisle if you're going! I can hook you up with the shop I use in Jerzee too!
_________________
Nick
2005 Black Bee 4x4 #1785
267 RWHP

1967 Pontiac GTO-showcar
too many mods to list
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail  
gtx0227
Seasoned Veteran




Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Posts: 3145
Gallery pictures: 31
gtx0227's gallery
Location: New Jersey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SecondSwarm1785 wrote:
King of Prussia?!! Niice!! We'll have to meet up! We can caravan to Carlisle if you're going! I can hook you up with the shop I use in Jerzee too!


is it the shop right around the corner from me? Very Happy Laughing

_________________
2004 HEMI GTX 0227

Mods:Mac CAI/Lime Green Taylor spark plug wires/BBK shorty headers(want long tubes)/pacesetters catback/DJM 2-4 Drop/Sir Michaels roll pan/Recon Smoked Red tails/20% tint/Honey Comb Grill/srt-10 Gauge Pillar/AeroForce Interceptor Scan Gauge / DSP/180tstat/06+ 20's/yellow fogs/Front Sway Bar Removed

Awaiting Install:
NGK 4306 Spark plugs/Grant Kustoms Roll Pan/Shaved Tailgate/Srt-10 hood
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
ZZ
Seasoned Veteran




Joined: 07 Jan 2005
Posts: 392
Gallery pictures: 24
ZZ's gallery
Location: Riverview, FL

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey fellow SST owner! Heres some tips that ought to help you out in the power department...

1st off... YES they do make longtubes for the 5.9 2wd Rams. Pacesetter has a nice set for ~$300 but you'll want to get them ceramic coated (+$100 likely). These will make a dramatic improvement in low end grunt and mid-rpm pull. Put a nice true dual setup behind it with a non-strictive muffler of your preference (some like spintechs, i like dynomax superturbos)

2nd... Your truck most likely came with the posi, but some didn't. 3.92s were an option. Open the hood and check the sticker under clear plastic right where the grill attaches to the hood. That will tell you your rear raito and whether you have LSD or not. If you do have Posi and 3.92s, leave it be. If you have 3.55s you'll spend the same $$$ so go with 4.10 ratio gears. I have the stock LSD unit rebuilt and it has held all of my power just fine.

3rd... If you can find one, get the Mopar Performance Computer (MP PCM). They're tricky to get ahold of since they've been discontinued, but some venders can still get their hands on some. If you can't find one, the hypertech is a decent unit until you decide to do some bigger mods.

4th... Get a decent throttle body. A 50mm hughes billet will work, but if you plan on doing heads/cam later, get the 52mm. No loss over the 50mm on a stock motor and works well with even substantial mods (Hell, i still run a dinky 52mm Smile )

5th... Electric Fan. Ditch that heavy ass clutch fan. This will help improve mileage a bit too. This is decently cheap as well.

6th... A transgo level 3 shift kit will crisp up those shifts. The stock 46RE has notoriosly sluggish shifts which really slows the truck down.

There's no specific order that you should do these, but they are the 'basics' used to wake up these old 5.9s. Now, when you decide to go bigger and better (ie cam/heads) I can make some suggestions that will help get you eating Mustangs (and modded Hemis Wink ) in no time!

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Ty

_________________
Ty ~sigmaphi485@hotmail.com
===============================


The Wife's:
2005 Rumblebee Yellow #4953
15.1@88mph (stock)
Powdercoated Valve Covers, E-Fan, Spring Clamps, Superchips, Pace Setter Longtubes, true duals

www.krcperformance.com

"Equal Rights For All, Special Privileges For None." - Thomas Jefferson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address  
gtx0227
Seasoned Veteran




Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Posts: 3145
Gallery pictures: 31
gtx0227's gallery
Location: New Jersey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZZ wrote:
Hey fellow SST owner! Heres some tips that ought to help you out in the power department...

1st off... YES they do make longtubes for the 5.9 2wd Rams. Pacesetter has a nice set for ~$300 but you'll want to get them ceramic coated (+$100 likely). These will make a dramatic improvement in low end grunt and mid-rpm pull. Put a nice true dual setup behind it with a non-strictive muffler of your preference (some like spintechs, i like dynomax superturbos)

2nd... Your truck most likely came with the posi, but some didn't. 3.92s were an option. Open the hood and check the sticker under clear plastic right where the grill attaches to the hood. That will tell you your rear raito and whether you have LSD or not. If you do have Posi and 3.92s, leave it be. If you have 3.55s you'll spend the same $$$ so go with 4.10 ratio gears. I have the stock LSD unit rebuilt and it has held all of my power just fine.

3rd... If you can find one, get the Mopar Performance Computer (MP PCM). They're tricky to get ahold of since they've been discontinued, but some venders can still get their hands on some. If you can't find one, the hypertech is a decent unit until you decide to do some bigger mods.

4th... Get a decent throttle body. A 50mm hughes billet will work, but if you plan on doing heads/cam later, get the 52mm. No loss over the 50mm on a stock motor and works well with even substantial mods (Hell, i still run a dinky 52mm Smile )

5th... Electric Fan. Ditch that heavy ass clutch fan. This will help improve mileage a bit too. This is decently cheap as well.

6th... A transgo level 3 shift kit will crisp up those shifts. The stock 46RE has notoriosly sluggish shifts which really slows the truck down.

There's no specific order that you should do these, but they are the 'basics' used to wake up these old 5.9s. Now, when you decide to go bigger and better (ie cam/heads) I can make some suggestions that will help get you eating Mustangs (and modded Hemis Wink ) in no time!

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Ty


damn you know your stuff!!i did a quick net search n couldnt find out the lt headers...i really like the sst's . i want to get one for a daily driver. hope all the info is enough to get that old 5.9 woken up ....happy modding

_________________
2004 HEMI GTX 0227

Mods:Mac CAI/Lime Green Taylor spark plug wires/BBK shorty headers(want long tubes)/pacesetters catback/DJM 2-4 Drop/Sir Michaels roll pan/Recon Smoked Red tails/20% tint/Honey Comb Grill/srt-10 Gauge Pillar/AeroForce Interceptor Scan Gauge / DSP/180tstat/06+ 20's/yellow fogs/Front Sway Bar Removed

Awaiting Install:
NGK 4306 Spark plugs/Grant Kustoms Roll Pan/Shaved Tailgate/Srt-10 hood
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
ZZ
Seasoned Veteran




Joined: 07 Jan 2005
Posts: 392
Gallery pictures: 24
ZZ's gallery
Location: Riverview, FL

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

70-2212 94-01 RAM 1500, 2WD, 5.2L/5.9L, Long Tube 439.95

70-2213 94-01 Dodge RAM 1500, 4WD, 5.2/5.9L, Long Tube 439.95

From the Pacesetter web site. So the price has gone up a tad since I bought mine, I think those come with the ceramic coat option.

With the above listed mods, it'll run with your GTX or better. High 14s are likely

10mpg Daily driver? lol, you're better off using your GTX as a daily. If you need a daily that badly, get a Civic Wink

Anyway, if there is any way I can be of assistance, let me know! There are some wicked n/a combos that can be made on the stock bottom end.


Ty

_________________
Ty ~sigmaphi485@hotmail.com
===============================


The Wife's:
2005 Rumblebee Yellow #4953
15.1@88mph (stock)
Powdercoated Valve Covers, E-Fan, Spring Clamps, Superchips, Pace Setter Longtubes, true duals

www.krcperformance.com

"Equal Rights For All, Special Privileges For None." - Thomas Jefferson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address  
gtx0227
Seasoned Veteran




Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Posts: 3145
Gallery pictures: 31
gtx0227's gallery
Location: New Jersey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZZ wrote:
70-2212 94-01 RAM 1500, 2WD, 5.2L/5.9L, Long Tube 439.95

70-2213 94-01 Dodge RAM 1500, 4WD, 5.2/5.9L, Long Tube 439.95

From the Pacesetter web site. So the price has gone up a tad since I bought mine, I think those come with the ceramic coat option.

With the above listed mods, it'll run with your GTX or better. High 14s are likely

10mpg Daily driver? lol, you're better off using your GTX as a daily. If you need a daily that badly, get a Civic Wink

Anyway, if there is any way I can be of assistance, let me know! There are some wicked n/a combos that can be made on the stock bottom end.


Ty


lol im gettin about 11.5 with my GTX. and i love the 2nd gen dodges. i would makemy sst low & do some mods to improve gas milage..so happens those mods would improve horse power Laughing

_________________
2004 HEMI GTX 0227

Mods:Mac CAI/Lime Green Taylor spark plug wires/BBK shorty headers(want long tubes)/pacesetters catback/DJM 2-4 Drop/Sir Michaels roll pan/Recon Smoked Red tails/20% tint/Honey Comb Grill/srt-10 Gauge Pillar/AeroForce Interceptor Scan Gauge / DSP/180tstat/06+ 20's/yellow fogs/Front Sway Bar Removed

Awaiting Install:
NGK 4306 Spark plugs/Grant Kustoms Roll Pan/Shaved Tailgate/Srt-10 hood
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
gtx0227
Seasoned Veteran




Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Posts: 3145
Gallery pictures: 31
gtx0227's gallery
Location: New Jersey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZZ wrote:
Hey fellow SST owner! Heres some tips that ought to help you out in the power department...

1st off... YES they do make longtubes for the 5.9 2wd Rams. Pacesetter has a nice set for ~$300 but you'll want to get them ceramic coated (+$100 likely). These will make a dramatic improvement in low end grunt and mid-rpm pull. Put a nice true dual setup behind it with a non-strictive muffler of your preference (some like spintechs, i like dynomax superturbos)

2nd... Your truck most likely came with the posi, but some didn't. 3.92s were an option. Open the hood and check the sticker under clear plastic right where the grill attaches to the hood. That will tell you your rear raito and whether you have LSD or not. If you do have Posi and 3.92s, leave it be. If you have 3.55s you'll spend the same $$$ so go with 4.10 ratio gears. I have the stock LSD unit rebuilt and it has held all of my power just fine.

3rd... If you can find one, get the Mopar Performance Computer (MP PCM). They're tricky to get ahold of since they've been discontinued, but some venders can still get their hands on some. If you can't find one, the hypertech is a decent unit until you decide to do some bigger mods.

4th... Get a decent throttle body. A 50mm hughes billet will work, but if you plan on doing heads/cam later, get the 52mm. No loss over the 50mm on a stock motor and works well with even substantial mods (Hell, i still run a dinky 52mm Smile )

5th... Electric Fan. Ditch that heavy ass clutch fan. This will help improve mileage a bit too. This is decently cheap as well.

6th... A transgo level 3 shift kit will crisp up those shifts. The stock 46RE has notoriosly sluggish shifts which really slows the truck down.

There's no specific order that you should do these, but they are the 'basics' used to wake up these old 5.9s. Now, when you decide to go bigger and better (ie cam/heads) I can make some suggestions that will help get you eating Mustangs (and modded Hemis Wink ) in no time!

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Ty


found this on craigslist

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/pts/1014002818.html

would this be the MP PCM you were talking about?

_________________
2004 HEMI GTX 0227

Mods:Mac CAI/Lime Green Taylor spark plug wires/BBK shorty headers(want long tubes)/pacesetters catback/DJM 2-4 Drop/Sir Michaels roll pan/Recon Smoked Red tails/20% tint/Honey Comb Grill/srt-10 Gauge Pillar/AeroForce Interceptor Scan Gauge / DSP/180tstat/06+ 20's/yellow fogs/Front Sway Bar Removed

Awaiting Install:
NGK 4306 Spark plugs/Grant Kustoms Roll Pan/Shaved Tailgate/Srt-10 hood
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
ZZ
Seasoned Veteran




Joined: 07 Jan 2005
Posts: 392
Gallery pictures: 24
ZZ's gallery
Location: Riverview, FL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

affirm, the kicker is that it needs to be specifically for a 97 Ram 1500 2wd 5.9L. If you have the wrong PCM the engine will run but the dash won't work. Other times you just get nothing. Has to be year/model/engine specific.
_________________
Ty ~sigmaphi485@hotmail.com
===============================


The Wife's:
2005 Rumblebee Yellow #4953
15.1@88mph (stock)
Powdercoated Valve Covers, E-Fan, Spring Clamps, Superchips, Pace Setter Longtubes, true duals

www.krcperformance.com

"Equal Rights For All, Special Privileges For None." - Thomas Jefferson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address  
Bzzz
Seasoned Veteran




Joined: 29 Oct 2006
Posts: 2117
Gallery pictures: 50
Bzzz's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to my shop. Radical Racing Cool
_________________
-Luke
1081-SOLD
2006 Night Runner-SOLD
SRT-10-SOLD
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI-SOLD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
gtx0227
Seasoned Veteran




Joined: 26 Aug 2008
Posts: 3145
Gallery pictures: 31
gtx0227's gallery
Location: New Jersey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bzzz wrote:
Go to my shop. Radical Racing Cool


i use both shops... Very Happy

_________________
2004 HEMI GTX 0227

Mods:Mac CAI/Lime Green Taylor spark plug wires/BBK shorty headers(want long tubes)/pacesetters catback/DJM 2-4 Drop/Sir Michaels roll pan/Recon Smoked Red tails/20% tint/Honey Comb Grill/srt-10 Gauge Pillar/AeroForce Interceptor Scan Gauge / DSP/180tstat/06+ 20's/yellow fogs/Front Sway Bar Removed

Awaiting Install:
NGK 4306 Spark plugs/Grant Kustoms Roll Pan/Shaved Tailgate/Srt-10 hood
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  
greggram783
Seasoned Veteran




Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Posts: 615
Gallery pictures: 38
greggram783's gallery
Location: pittsburgh pa.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had a 96 ram twd sport with a 318 had a mopar performane computer,k&N coldair intake,gibson supertruck exhaust and jacobs high power ignition would out run most 5.9s Very Happy Very Happy
_________________
{Gregg} 04 rumblebee #873 22 IN. CHROME SRT /10 WHEELS ,VOLANT INTAKE,MAGNAFOW EXHAUST,BADLANZ EXHAUST CUTOUT & SUPERCIPS FLASHPAQ PROGRAMMER,BEDRUG,CHROME DOOR & TAILGATE HANDLES,LED BRAKELIGHTS, BLACK HEADLIGHS,HEMI 'MAGNUM DECALS ON HOOD, STRIPE EXTENSIONS & OASIS DIFFERENTIAL COVER & REAR WHEELWELL LINERS AEROFORCE INTERCEPTOR SCAN GAUGE WITH SRT10 GAUGE POD ,& HELLWIG REAR SWAYBAR,MOES TRACTION BARS,HONEY COMB GRILL WITH 1970 SUPER BEE EMBLEM,BBK SHORTY HEADERS,TAYLOR SHORTY WIRES
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: SS/T and Indy General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2004 phpBB Group
Charcoal2 Theme © Zarron Media