Album  

Finished Lowering the SS/T
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> SS/T and Indy General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TenneSS/T

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Finished Lowering the SS/T Reply with quote

I haven't been on here in a while. I thought I'd see if the Indy and SS/T section was still here.

I finished tightening up the bolts and took the BeaSS/T for a ride. The factory shocks must have been shot. All the bouncing, squeaking, and most of the vibration is gone. It sure is nice not to have to stretch or jump to get up into a 2wd pickup.

I used Belltech 2" coils, 4" leafs, and Nitro Drop 2 shocks. I am REALLY excited about how it turned out. The front was only 1.5" lower in the front when I first put the springs in, but it has settled about 1/2" with minimal driving. Another 1/2" would be nice.

Here are some pictures.

Before pictures:

454navyss
Rumblebee Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good. i think i'd have to go lower and get rid of that exhaust pipe before you get it caught on a curb or something
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 38
greggram783's gallery

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good Very Happy
{Gregg} 04 rumblebee #873 22 IN. CHROME SRT /10 WHEELS ,VOLANT INTAKE,MAGNAFOW EXHAUST,BADLANZ EXHAUST CUTOUT & SUPERCIPS FLASHPAQ PROGRAMMER,BEDRUG,CHROME DOOR & TAILGATE HANDLES,LED BRAKELIGHTS, BLACK HEADLIGHS,HEMI 'MAGNUM DECALS ON HOOD, STRIPE EXTENSIONS & OASIS DIFFERENTIAL COVER & REAR WHEELWELL LINERS AEROFORCE INTERCEPTOR SCAN GAUGE WITH SRT10 GAUGE POD ,& HELLWIG REAR SWAYBAR,MOES TRACTION BARS,HONEY COMB GRILL WITH 1970 SUPER BEE EMBLEM,BBK SHORTY HEADERS,TAYLOR SHORTY WIRES
TenneSS/T

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

454navyss wrote:
looks good. i think i'd have to go lower and get rid of that exhaust pipe before you get it caught on a curb or something

It's about as low as you can get it without C-notching the frame, which I am not going to do. There will be about 2" of suspension travel once I get the cut down bump stops bolted back on.

454navyss
Rumblebee Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TenneSS/T wrote:
454navyss wrote:

It's about as low as you can get it without C-notching the frame, which I am not going to do. There will be about 2" of suspension travel once I get the cut down bump stops bolted back on.

why not notch it? mine is notched and i haul and tow all of the time with no problems. i made my own notch out of 1/4" thick steel and didnt waste my time with that crap these suspension places sell

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't want to do any mods to my truck that can't be reversed. It's low enough for me now.
454navyss
Rumblebee Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TenneSS/T wrote:
I just don't want to do any mods to my truck that can't be reversed. It's low enough for me now.

i understand that but just because you notch it doesnt mean you cant raise it back to stock height

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I measured it this morning. It actually lowered the front by roughly 1.5" and the rear by 5.25". I knew the rear dropped more than the advertised 4". I'm pretty happy with how the rear turned out but not so much with the front. I am thinking I may get the 2" spindles later on and trade this supposed 2" spring out for a 1" spring. I'd like a total 3" drop in the front.
Bloodyhead
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its sitting pretty tight right now. Looks good. If you drop the frount more it would not look as level. I like it the way it is.
2004 rumble Bee #2409 Blk 4x4
Invader
Site Co-Administrator

Gallery pictures: 128
Invader's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good as it is. I wouldn't notch it either but that's just me.

joePA
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 30
joePA's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the new squat. Looking fine. Good job.

2009 Ram Sport ~ Quad ~ 4x4 ~ Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl ~ Loaded ~ Thunderstruck

3.92~32 gal~Adj Pedals~RER Nav unit~Moonroof~A/R Assault Wheels~20% Front Tint~BedRug~Borla~OEM Nerf Bars~Every Group Known To Mankind
Previous Rams: '96 RCLB 4X4 ~ '02 QC 4X4 ~ '05 Daytona QC 4X4

2011 CTS for oldwhatshername

Freedom is Never Free
TenneSS/T

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

When measured off the ground, the front fender lips are roughly 1/4" to 3/8" higher than the rear fender lips. I have been told that the front will settle about 1/2" with some driving. I guess I'll try a little camber adjustment and drive it a little before I get an alignment.

my5hemi
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 64
my5hemi's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good Cool

stripe extensions, debadged,tinted windows,oem bed mat,ezdown tailgate dampener,mrk products,functional srt-10 hood scoop insert, ram air hood fangs, lorado tonneau cover,locking tailgate handle, srt-10 push button starter,srt guage pod,c2 trans temp guage,oem daytona floor mats,firestorm light bar, muth signal mirrors, sliding rear window,custom illuminated ram head headliner SOLD3/31/12FOR A 2011CAMARO 2SS
jd3443pd

Gallery pictures: 8
jd3443pd's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job. It's nice to see another lowered SS/T around. I went the same route tht you did, but the 2" lowered springs never settled enough for me. I found a pair of Bell Tech 3" lowered springs and swapped them in. I love the stance! Now for alignment purposes I did have to enlongate the holes for the upper "A" arm adjustment, which was no big deal since I had the entire front end apart to rebuild the front suspension and steering components.

The only thing necessary
for the triumph of evil
is for good men to do nothing.
-Edmund Burke
TenneSS/T

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jd3443pd wrote:
Nice job. It's nice to see another lowered SS/T around. I went the same route tht you did, but the 2" lowered springs never settled enough for me. I found a pair of Bell Tech 3" lowered springs and swapped them in. I love the stance! Now for alignment purposes I did have to enlongate the holes for the upper "A" arm adjustment, which was no big deal since I had the entire front end apart to rebuild the front suspension and steering components.

My truck sits about 1/2" higher in the front than it does in the rear. I'd like another 1"-2" in front. I may buy the 2" spindles down the road. How much did the leafs lower your truck? Mine went down about 5.25" instead of the advertised 4". How much did your 3" coils actually lower the truck?

BTW, your SS/T looks great. I hated the white ones back when I bought my truck. I've gotten to where white is my 2nd favorite SS/T color.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: SS/T and Indy General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: