Album  

Monster Mopar Weekend
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> Upcoming Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

Gallery pictures: 92
BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does driving the track mean. Had a chance to drive the Milwaukee Mill two years ago, and they took us out in groups of about ten. The leader was part of the staff and the guy drove 30 miles an hour for two laps. I was first vehicle after the leader so tried to slow way down so we could at least get up to the speed limit, best I could do was 45 for just a few feet and caught the leader again. Told the staff of the show that was ridiculois to pay for that and watch other groups go around a lot faster. They said they knew he did that and if I wanted I could go again, but we didn't. When we were lining up I was one of the first ones out there, so asked the guy there if I could just punch it for a second, I mean gosh it was the Milwaukee Mile after all. He said sure go ahead if you don't get crazy. Told him I would just do a couple donuts if he didn't mind. We just laughed and he said go ahead. Had the tank warmed up and pressure wasn't all the way up yet but good enough, I just put the pedal down, and we made a lot of noise and smoke and then I caught up with the lead car that had the staff member in and had to let up. When we were being judged, one of the girls with the judges said to a judge, "this is the one I told you about, he's really fast" The judge was Gilbert Brown of packer fame, the GRAVE DIGGER. He would make a good play then pretend he was digging a grave, it was funny, but he was a really neat guy and came up to me and said I like that truck. We won best of truck. On the dash of his race car he had painted "Let's race em Son of a Bitch. That was so funny. It was a 57 Chevy built to race, including a full roll cage.

HPIM4378.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.97 MB
 Viewed:  246 Time(s)

HPIM4378.JPG

Don........Beecuz / #3850
Invader
Site Co-Administrator

Gallery pictures: 128
Invader's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is just a slow trip around the track with the whole group. You follow a pace car around.

BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been there, done that as I wrote. Saw many groups go around, one guy even said he hit 75 for a brief moment. I wouldn't want to go that fast in a group, but 30 was just not fun. The Milwaukee mile is a wide open track, and that was really to slow to get some kind of feeling for the track. I think it will be fun though. Will have someone with me that has never done this so that should make it fun too.
abitwar10
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 54
abitwar10's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodge_cowboy2004 wrote:
Monster Mopar Weekend 2010 list:

1. Dodge_cowboy2004

2. Invader

3. Avenger

4. Dads Toy

5. ruff

6. AAR

7. abitwar (?)

8. pig#4400

9. rizzar (?)

any of you thats not on the list...please let me know so i can add ya. at least with the 9 we may have, we are set for the drive-the-track on sunday.

What time is the drive-the-track on Sunday? If we go for the weekend, I was planning to head home early Sunday. Got work on Monday.

2003 Harley Davidson Vrod (Black)
Second Swarm 4x4 #4266 (Yellow)

K&N drop-in, Truxedo low profile tonneau, AT3030, Bed Rug, Honeycomb Ram floor mats, stripe extensions, custom pedals, Honeycomb Grille, SRT wing, MRK accents, custom etched Chrome fuel door, '06 Chrome Ram Wheels, Infinity reference components powered by Pioneer, JL 10w6v2 in a HotBox powered by JL Audio
BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there is a list with beecuz on it, but then with the last post, there is no beecuz on it. God willing, I will be there. I just hope there will bee more from .org on there b4 Sept 10th, maybe renew old friendships and see some of the other bees again. I know 3850 has changed a lot since some of the folks on .org have seen it. Still making changes, and just learned today, almost the tough way, that my switch for the electric fan is not turning the fan on the engine got very hot. Was so used to it not being a problem I never even looked at the temp gauge. It was at the 1/2 mark and overheated for 3850. Stopped at tire place before it could happen, but noticed anti freeze on the pavement. Then tested the power with the switch and fan did work, went to the thermo switch and can hear it click on/off, but no power to the fan. That's the second time someone has messed with the power and I almost lost the engine. Now have to take it back to the same guys that just had it for 6 weeks to see what they did to my power for the fan. Does it ever end. here's a question for you guys, Nitto, Hankook or Kumos. All about the same price. Like the Kumos, have them, but know Hankook and Nittos are good also. Also, running 305/50-20, can't seem to find 305/45. Would I even want the 45's or go with my 50's again

HPIM4378.JPG
 Description:
 Viewed:  289 Time(s)

HPIM4378.JPG

dodge_cowboy2004

CODE RED

Gallery pictures: 42
dodge_cowboy2004's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent an email out to the show manager...yet to get a reply back as to what time we are issued.

I know the drive the track doesnt seem to be all that great to some, but at least we all have a time to shine with tons of on looks watching us. Also have a photo opp as well.

THE HEADLINER MASTER!!!!
Invader
Site Co-Administrator

Gallery pictures: 128
Invader's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drive the track is for show not racing. It should be a good time.

dodge_cowboy2004

CODE RED

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invader wrote:
Drive the track is for show not racing. It should be a good time.

I believe so. the wing'd cars bring out a real good crowd.

THE HEADLINER MASTER!!!!
aarhemi
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 96
aarhemi's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i,m so ready for this i get the truck back tomorrow from rdp and pick up the new grill inserts and mirrors and bumper drop them at the paint shop it,s going to be a busy week getting every thing done and on the truck then detail
dodge_cowboy2004

CODE RED

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aarhemi wrote:
i,m so ready for this i get the truck back tomorrow from rdp and pick up the new grill inserts and mirrors and bumper drop them at the paint shop it,s going to be a busy week getting every thing done and on the truck then detail

im just trying to keep my truck alive for this. I didnt finally found a buyer for my 74 Scamp.

THE HEADLINER MASTER!!!!
BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really does sound like a good time. I am just so ready to get out and do something different. Have driven a track a couple of times, it is just a ride, but there is a certain amount of pride that you are on a race track with your vehicle. Days are going so slow, and yet i seem to have so much work to get done with 3850 to make her show ready. Gotta get the NX tank filled for a little showing off if the oppurtunity presents itself, like maybe a burn out contest of something. Thanx for all the work you are doing to make this a fun trip, it is really appreciated, HONEST!
SCTB2865
Site Moderator

Gallery pictures: 14
SCTB2865's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEECUZ wrote:
I know there is a list with beecuz on it, but then with the last post, there is no beecuz on it. God willing, I will be there. I just hope there will bee more from .org on there b4 Sept 10th, maybe renew old friendships and see some of the other bees again. I know 3850 has changed a lot since some of the folks on .org have seen it. Still making changes, and just learned today, almost the tough way, that my switch for the electric fan is not turning the fan on the engine got very hot. Was so used to it not being a problem I never even looked at the temp gauge. It was at the 1/2 mark and overheated for 3850. Stopped at tire place before it could happen, but noticed anti freeze on the pavement. Then tested the power with the switch and fan did work, went to the thermo switch and can hear it click on/off, but no power to the fan. That's the second time someone has messed with the power and I almost lost the engine. Now have to take it back to the same guys that just had it for 6 weeks to see what they did to my power for the fan. Does it ever end. here's a question for you guys, Nitto, Hankook or Kumos. All about the same price. Like the Kumos, have them, but know Hankook and Nittos are good also. Also, running 305/50-20, can't seem to find 305/45. Would I even want the 45's or go with my 50's again

Ouch Don you def. dont want to overheat it it wont last long that way and with our aluminum heads thats a big no no! Wink

2004 S/E Black Bee #2865 268comps cam, p/p heads, SCT tuned all the goodies. Showroom cond. 11000 miles no rain/snow!
1978 GMC DIABLO #1607 outta 6607 made
1995 LIGHTNING #77 outta 2280, 824 in black.
1977 FIREBIRD 10.9's, 670 heads, 70 462cid
Haters are your biggest fans!
268 cam, click vid. and Listen! N/A Enjoy!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/comps-roller-cam-268-2004_197503.htm

BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya Jay, right now I just turn the fan on with the switch and know it will not over heat. If I don't do that i will forget to look at the gauge and it will definitely overheat. Glad I put that switch in when we installed the fan. Used it for cooling the engine down when racing last yeat, works great, but wish I could get the electric water pump. Don Meziere just won't help us out, frustrating for sure.

HPIM4378.JPG
 Description:
 Viewed:  256 Time(s)

HPIM4378.JPG

dodge_cowboy2004

CODE RED

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monster Mopar Weekend 2010 list:

1. Dodge_cowboy2004

2. Invader

3. Avenger

4. Dads Toy

5. AAR

6. abitwar (?)

7. pig#4400

8. rizzar (?)

9. BEECUZ

any of you thats not on the list...please let me know so i can add ya.

the list just got smaller...thats start'n to blow.

THE HEADLINER MASTER!!!!
aarhemi
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 96
aarhemi's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dam i,m cutting it close with the new mods pick up the grill and bumper tuesday
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: Upcoming Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: