Album  

audio questin?? NEW Head Unit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> Ask Dwayne (Audio/Electronics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rumblebee1462
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 62
rumblebee1462's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: audio questin?? NEW Head Unit Reply with quote

ok... i have the 7 speaker infinity system, and i bought a new head unit, and spent all last night trying to wire it up with no luck... so went back to best buy, got a new harness.. wrong one!, so i let them install it, a new more expensive haarness... wrong one.. another harness.. wrong one!!! 4 hours later he tells me i neeed the METRA CHTO-02 INTERFACE HARNESS, before i buy this.. it is this th right one? cuz the young guy seemed like he didnt know jack!

i found this one on ebay, im gonna buy it if its the right one!! so is it??

http://cgi.ebay.com/Metra-CHTO-02-Interface-2000-up-Chrysler-Dodge-free-/290398496660?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item439d196794

this is the head unit i bought yesterday

Pioneer-DEH-3200UB.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.28 KB
 Viewed:  4644 Time(s)

Pioneer-DEH-3200UB.jpg

rumblebee1462
Seasoned Veteran

rumblebee1462's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone?? wheres pilotbear??

pilotbear
Past TOTM Winner

Gallery pictures: 26
pilotbear's gallery

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

best way to get in touch with me on the weekends is to send a PM. i get notifications in my email and don't always come on the org but i will if i see i have a PM.

anyway, you DO have the infinity system so you WILL need the Metra CHTO-02 harness. what it does is retains the factory infinity amplifier. if you plan on changing to an aftermarket amp, which i'm assuming you're not, then you need the bypass harness (Metra 70-6510) down the road.

but yes, CHTO-02 is the one. they retail for around $169.

Dads Toy
Past division president

Gallery pictures: 90
Dads Toy's gallery

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good for you lady. you are awesome.
2004 Rumblebee 4x4 #3680
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
2000 Toyota Avalon

Sold:
2007 C6 Corvette
2001 Trans Am with 508hp
1998 Trans Am project car - never finished
rumblebee1462
Seasoned Veteran

rumblebee1462's gallery

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pilotbear wrote:
best way to get in touch with me on the weekends is to send a PM. i get notifications in my email and don't always come on the org but i will if i see i have a PM.

anyway, you DO have the infinity system so you WILL need the Metra CHTO-02 harness. what it does is retains the factory infinity amplifier. if you plan on changing to an aftermarket amp, which i'm assuming you're not, then you need the bypass harness (Metra 70-6510) down the road.

but yes, CHTO-02 is the one. they retail for around $169.

thank you for your help with this! is this gonn be hard to hook up? am i gonna have to run any wires to the amp??

before i buy this http://cgi.ebay.com/Metra-CHTO-02-Interface-2000-up-Chrysler-Dodge-free-/290398496660?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item439d196794
is this the right one? u said $169, and this one i found is $99

pilotbear
Past TOTM Winner

Gallery pictures: 26
pilotbear's gallery

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rumblebee1462 wrote:
thank you for your help with this! is this gonn be hard to hook up? am i gonna have to run any wires to the amp??

before i buy this http://cgi.ebay.com/Metra-CHTO-02-Interface-2000-up-Chrysler-Dodge-free-/290398496660?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item439d196794

no, you don't have to run wires to the amp, that's what the harness is for. it's plug and play.

they RETAIL for $169. ebay is not retail, hence why the one is $99. just remember, you rarely get a warranty on these pieces you buy online. i cannot advise people enough on this, but it's your decision. Smile

rumblebee1462
Seasoned Veteran

rumblebee1462's gallery

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pilotbear wrote:
rumblebee1462 wrote:

no, you don't have to run wires to the amp, that's what the harness is for. it's plug and play.

they RETAIL for $169. ebay is not retail, hence why the one is $99. just remember, you rarely get a warranty on these pieces you buy online. i cannot advise people enough on this, but it's your decision. Smile

thank you for you help, i got that one from e bay.. thanks alot!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: Ask Dwayne (Audio/Electronics) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: