Album  

Suck day at the track!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> Track Times
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HB BEE
Past TOTM Winner

Gallery pictures: 36
HB BEE's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SCTB2865 wrote:
HB BEE wrote:
Everyone was sure that I was gonna get into the 13s, they even brought me a helmet cuz at our track 13.99 and under we have to wear a helmet.

I wonder if Hemifever would look at my tune and tell me what he thinks??????

I'm sure he would for a small fee. You didnt buy your tuner from him right? I'm sure your guys will figure it out....Hang in there she'll get stronger....How many miles on your truck btw? everyone keeps saying my comp. isnt even broke in yet with 11000 miles.....But I never know what to believe!!! You'll get better as i said!!! Hang in there girl!!

No I got mine from Moe's before anyone offered free tunes! Twisted Evil
I have 36k on her. Yha she will get right eventually. I need a man to support me so I can spend all my money on my baby!! Laughing

04 Yellow #4768 2x
My baby/money pit!!!!
HB BEE
Past TOTM Winner

HB BEE's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dads Toy wrote:
what is your truck dynoing at Sandee?

I agree with Jason, with cam, headers and slicks you should be a lot faster. even your 60' should be below 2.0 with slicks. are you bogging on the line? what RPM are you launching at? The converter will help but only make you about a 1/2 second faster. Something not right.

One last thing? this is not trying to be funny but do you KNOW where the finish line is? are you letting off BEFORE you cross it? my buddy used to run my TA and he would always run 5 mph faster and about .2-.3 tenths quicker. turns out I did not know where the finish line was and was letting off too soon.

When she was tuned she was 323hp and 325tq but it was 91 degrees out and Adam says his dyno is very stingy and to add 25hp to my #s. I need to go to where I have always dynoed and see.

I don't feel any bogging, she feels great. Now that I have slicks and hook up, she felt great!! Lonnie took her twice down the track and we both got the same results, at least I know it's not me.Laughing

And yes I do know where the finish line is, I think. I'll get back to you on that point, but the problem is my 60' sucks and that is where I am losing power.

04 Yellow #4768 2x
My baby/money pit!!!!
0tter1363

dump truck

Gallery pictures: 41
0tter1363's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'verter will do the trick for ya. Beeyourself is running a crane 216, a little bigger but pulls a great 60, like 1.6 or something. He also runs a 3400 circle D to get out of the dig. You'll be looking for traction afterwards. I added Caltracs and rs9000 adjustables and went from a 1.7x to a 1.5x 60. Of course launching in 4wd makes a hell of a diffrence as well. The 60 really adds up for overall et.

good luck!!

Bee #0519, 4x4.
12.17 @ 107.63 - 1.57 60'
Dads Toy
Past division president

Gallery pictures: 90
Dads Toy's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="HB BEE"][quote="Dads Toy"]what is your truck dynoing at Sandee?

I agree with Jason, with cam, headers and slicks you should be a lot faster. even your 60' should be below 2.0 with slicks. are you bogging on the line? what RPM are you launching at? The converter will help but only make you about a 1/2 second faster. Something not right.

One last thing? this is not trying to be funny but do you KNOW where the finish line is? are you letting off BEFORE you cross it? my buddy used to run my TA and he would always run 5 mph faster and about .2-.3 tenths quicker. turns out I did not know where the finish line was and was letting off too soon.[/quote]
When she was tuned she was 323hp and 325tq but it was 91 degrees out and Adam says his dyno is very stingy and to add 25hp to my #s. I need to go to where I have always dynoed and see.

I don't feel any bogging, she feels great. Now that I have slicks and hook up, she felt great!! Lonnie took her twice down the track and we both got the same results, at least I know it's not me.Laughing

And yes I do know where the finish line is, I think. I'll get back to you on that point, but the problem is my 60' sucks and that is where I am losing power.[/quote]

You are not loosing power on your 60', you are just NOT putting it to the ground and sticking. Have someone film or at least watch your launch. very hard to tell from the driver seat if you are bogging or spinning when its a little. I used to launch at 6500 rpm and the car would bog down to 5000 rpm when the front wheels left the ground. its because the slicks were hooking. I learned to keep it floored while in the air.

was your 3 month old times with teh same mods. I know you was not stock 3 months ago right?

are your tires actual slicks or drag radials? my TA I ran my slicks at 8 pounds. might need more in a heavy truck but you might have too much air in them.

slicks should wrinkle on a good launch.

DSC_0045ass.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  162.76 KB
 Viewed:  237 Time(s)

DSC_0045ass.jpg

2004 Rumblebee 4x4 #3680
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
2000 Toyota Avalon

Sold:
2007 C6 Corvette
2001 Trans Am with 508hp
1998 Trans Am project car - never finished
my5hemi
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 64
my5hemi's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear this , hope you get it squared away

stripe extensions, debadged,tinted windows,oem bed mat,ezdown tailgate dampener,mrk products,functional srt-10 hood scoop insert, ram air hood fangs, lorado tonneau cover,locking tailgate handle, srt-10 push button starter,srt guage pod,c2 trans temp guage,oem daytona floor mats,firestorm light bar, muth signal mirrors, sliding rear window,custom illuminated ram head headliner SOLD3/31/12FOR A 2011CAMARO 2SS
HB BEE
Past TOTM Winner

HB BEE's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

0tter1363 wrote:
The 'verter will do the trick for ya. Beeyourself is running a crane 216, a little bigger but pulls a great 60, like 1.6 or something. He also runs a 3400 circle D to get out of the dig. You'll be looking for traction afterwards. I added Caltracs and rs9000 adjustables and went from a 1.7x to a 1.5x 60. Of course launching in 4wd makes a hell of a diffrence as well. The 60 really adds up for overall et.

good luck!!

Traction should not be an issue. I have Moe's traction bars and Hoosier slicks.
My tuner also says that the TC will do the trick.

04 Yellow #4768 2x
My baby/money pit!!!!
HB BEE
Past TOTM Winner

HB BEE's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dads Toy wrote:
HB BEE wrote:
Dads Toy wrote:
what is your truck dynoing at Sandee?

One last thing? this is not trying to be funny but do you KNOW where the finish line is? are you letting off BEFORE you cross it? my buddy used to run my TA and he would always run 5 mph faster and about .2-.3 tenths quicker. turns out I did not know where the finish line was and was letting off too soon.

And yes I do know where the finish line is, I think. I'll get back to you on that point, but the problem is my 60' sucks and that is where I am losing power.

You are not loosing power on your 60', you are just NOT putting it to the ground and sticking. Have someone film or at least watch your launch. very hard to tell from the driver seat if you are bogging or spinning when its a little. I used to launch at 6500 rpm and the car would bog down to 5000 rpm when the front wheels left the ground. its because the slicks were hooking. I learned to keep it floored while in the air.

was your 3 month old times with teh same mods. I know you was not stock 3 months ago right?

are your tires actual slicks or drag radials? my TA I ran my slicks at 8 pounds. might need more in a heavy truck but you might have too much air in them.

slicks should wrinkle on a good launch.

I have Hoosier slicks, not drag radials and hooked up very well. We got vids and Lonnie raced her twice, once I am out of the hole the power is all there. The first run I did spin a little but that was my first time with slicks and did not heat them up enough, I was skeered!!! Laughing
The track times were just a comparison between what she did pretty much stock to all I have done now, my gains are minimal, need to figure out what is holding her back.
My performance mods
FlowMaster 40 w/res removed, Edelbrock TES Ti-Tech headers, Flowmaster Y pipe, 440 Six-Pack hood, Custom Intake, QTP electric cut out, GF lowering schackles, leaf spring clamps, yellow top Optima battery, 268 cam, Diablo Predator, Custom tune, Compcam springs, Manley pushrods and titianium retainers, Jet 180 thermostat, FlexaLite 180 Black Magic E fan, Taylor ThunderVolt 8.2mm plug wires, Moe's traction bars, Hellwig yellow sway bar.

I ran 14.8, did the Headers and y pipe, ran 14.8 but could not hook up, got slicks, 268 cam, custom tune, did hook up and ran five 14.7s and one 14.679. Confused

04 Yellow #4768 2x
My baby/money pit!!!!
mrpookyy

...lurk lurk....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3400 Circle-D FTW!
04 RumbleBee 4x4 #859 - Sold
14 Phantom Black Charger R/T AWD Max
HB BEE
Past TOTM Winner

HB BEE's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrpookyy wrote:
3400 Circle-D FTW!

I am not sure what brand I am getting. I know it won't be an Edge. Lonnie/05whitehemi and tuner Adam both have connections and are checking on prices for me.

04 Yellow #4768 2x
My baby/money pit!!!!
ruff84

i moderate the moderators

Gallery pictures: 13
ruff84's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pro torque or circle d is the way to go if you don't like edge.

4x4

8.23 @ 81.50 MPH in the 1/8 mile

12.98 @ 102.xx MPH in the 1/4 mile
aarhemi
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 96
aarhemi's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HB BEE wrote:
mrpookyy wrote:
3400 Circle-D FTW!

I am not sure what brand I am getting. I know it won't be an Edge. Lonnie/05whitehemi and tuner Adam both have connections and are checking on prices for me.

way not a edge i have a custom 3200 from them and love mine
mrpookyy

...lurk lurk....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aarhemi wrote:
HB BEE wrote:
mrpookyy wrote:
3400 Circle-D FTW!

way not a edge i have a custom 3200 from them and love mine

but you still have a blue truck.... Laughing Laughing

04 RumbleBee 4x4 #859 - Sold
14 Phantom Black Charger R/T AWD Max
SCTB2865
Site Moderator

Gallery pictures: 14
SCTB2865's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious whats the reasoning behing not liking one or the other or the difference...

How much they cost or performance? Someone help me out here.... I have the custom edge billet 3000 with upgrades and love it!

I'd like to know the diff..

Thx in advance!!

2004 S/E Black Bee #2865 268comps cam, p/p heads, SCT tuned all the goodies. Showroom cond. 11000 miles no rain/snow!
1978 GMC DIABLO #1607 outta 6607 made
1995 LIGHTNING #77 outta 2280, 824 in black.
1977 FIREBIRD 10.9's, 670 heads, 70 462cid
Haters are your biggest fans!
268 cam, click vid. and Listen! N/A Enjoy!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/comps-roller-cam-268-2004_197503.htm

HB BEE
Past TOTM Winner

HB BEE's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard that the Edge are hit and miss, lots of them have grenaded the trannies. I'd rather spend a coupla more bucks and be safer.
It's like the beehive springs some have issues and some don't, so to be safe you get a better brand.
I never would have got the beehives if I had known the issues.

04 Yellow #4768 2x
My baby/money pit!!!!
ruff84

i moderate the moderators

Gallery pictures: 13
ruff84's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HB BEE wrote:
I have heard that the Edge are hit and miss, lots of them have grenaded the trannies. I'd rather spend a coupla more bucks and be safer.
It's like the beehive springs some have issues and some don't, so to be safe you get a better brand.
I never would have got the beehives if I had known the issues.

Edge grenading trannies? Hit and miss?

Please don't buy into that garbage. You do realize how many records have been broken with edge trannys... Hemidup's truck runs an edge converter.

If you want to get a different converter other then edge by all means do it, but don't listen to a person if they say that about edge converters.

(i have a real good idea who would have said that....Don't take what he says as gospel by any means)

4x4

8.23 @ 81.50 MPH in the 1/8 mile

12.98 @ 102.xx MPH in the 1/4 mile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: Track Times All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: