Album  

Production number
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> Daytona General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill_L
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 22
Bill_L's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derelicte wrote:
sorry for the late reply so with working out of town and family matters heres some pics of my truck its a work in progress i ripped the front chinspoiler off due to high curbs. i have an srt 10 front bumper in the garaged roll pan and need to have the box cover and tailgate painted to match the truck. the truck got keyed awhile ago and when i had the side repainted it was 500 for new daytona decals so i never had them put back on. i plan to when i get everything painted and mount the spoiler on the cover. but heres some interior so u see about me missing the number plate. i have been on the phone with chysler canada, and at dealerships trying to get an answer. no one can answer me and i have a copy of the build sheet with it listing daytona edition. the chyrsler rep told me mine isnt a limited edition truck and its a daytona from factory with no production number. so how the hell is this possible was under the understanding there is only limited edition trucks made. he had no answer for me. is that not the reason of buying these trucks as there limited and only so many made??? seems to me some fraud is going on and i want to know how they can get away with building a daytona edition truck without production number....any one have any suggestions for me i dont no what else to do.

Who gave you a quote of $500 for new decals? I bought a pair less than 6 months ago and there were at my door for $220ish.

There used to be places that made the number plates but I haven't seen any in a while.
Personally I wouldn't buy a limited edition that had the number take off, or the stripes, or the wing. If it doesn't have the major parts then its not for me.

2005 Ram Daytona #1445 / GoManGo! / Mopar CAI / SRT NightRunner 22s / Auburn LSD / Superior 4.56 Gears / Edge TQ / Shift Kit / Edelbrock Headers / Custom Dual Exhaust / Superchips Flashpaq with Trans Tuning / AEM WideBand / Summit Pulley / Viper Electric Fan / DJM 2” arms / McGaughys Flip with Notch and Air Bags / Hotchkis Swaybars / Retrax bed cover /
Derelicte

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was quoted 500 for the pair from the bodyshop( am assuming they went through a dealer for this) when it went in to get the side repainted. i assumed i could get them cheaper and havent got them yet. the spoiler is in my garage as it wasnt practicle for loading my quad in and out of the box. reason i bought the cover is so i could mount the spoiler on there and have it on during the winter and then take the cover off for the summer. the reason i am trying to get this numbered plate is so when i do sell it ppl wont think am trying to rip them off or a clone or something.
AngryGreen1
Veteran Member

Gallery pictures: 2
AngryGreen1's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: 2 Cents Reply with quote

Here's my 2 cents so take it for what it's worth, 2 cents... Laughing
When I owned my Daytona Ram, I did a lot of research on-line, and with Dodge.
As far as numbers go, Dodge will never tell you the true production figures. Why? They produced more than they said they were going to, so they lied to the original owners. They went fishing, and got more than a bite, so they kept making them. Any actual figures that I found ranged from 10K to 12.5K. Take a pick at any number between those figures.
Types made: 2WD, 4WD, 2DR, and 4DR.
Colors: Go Mango, and Silver.
I will check and see where I purchased some decals for the Daytona. Stand By... Rolling Eyes
Hope this helps.
I now own a GTXtreme Ram, and since an aftermarket company, LAWest did the conversions, they kept track of, and advertised most of the figures. So, I do own 1 of less than 200 made in Sublime Green ( for 2004 & 5). This being said, it still is only worth the price of a fully loaded 2005 Ram; trade in or otherwise.

'05 Green Xtreme Ram #0009
=======
Chris
=======
Previously owned:
1971 Nova, 1974 Gran Torino Sport, 1978 Trans Am, 1998 Dodge Dakota, '05 Dodge Ram 2WD Daytona #448, '06 SRT-8 Charger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: Daytona General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: