Album  

GTX Confirmation
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> GTX General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngryGreen1
Veteran Member

Gallery pictures: 2
AngryGreen1's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: GTX Confirmation Reply with quote

Hi,
I am new to the Ram GTX world, and I have a lime green 2005 single cab Extreme. I just e-mailed Dodge, and they e-maile me back the stats from the build sheet, but it contained no indication that it was an Xtreme edition. I realize that LA West was the production company associated with the trucks, and that they are now out of business, but is there any way to verify that this is an actual Extreme edition? I have the door plack of it being build #9, the head rest badges, the custom hood, etc.. but it would be nice to have the actual paperwork, and/or proof to go with it.
The current mods done by the previous two owners are: a "6 pack" styled air intake with dual intakes behind the grill, a custom cat-back exhaust, a roll pan in the rear, and a sony radio. All other features from what I have been reading about, seem to be present, and untouched.
Any help would be appreciated.
Oh, and a funny story, to go along with the first day of ownership. I got a speeding ticket on the way home from picking up the truck. I was doing 10 mph over the speed limit, but the State Trooper decided to up it to 15 mph, and told me that I was lucky that I wasn't getting reckless driving added to it. He even smiled as he was giving me this wonderful information. When I arrived home, with the ticket, my wife new that the truck would attract attention, just the wrong type of attention Laughing Living out in the "woods" means that fighting the ticket would be pointless. So, that was my first welcome to the XTREME WORLD...LOL.

Last edited by AngryGreen1 on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Da Beest
Site Moderator

Gallery pictures: 12
Da Beest's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your purchase my friend and welcome to the HIVE.
Hope you enjoy your stay.

When ya get a chance, post some pics of your ride!

AngryGreen1
Veteran Member

AngryGreen1's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this comes through. I am old, and move slowly these days; just turned 46, and my wife says that I am having a mid-life...well you know. I traded in my 2006 SRT-8 Charger that was black for this unique truck. I now have a lower monthly payment, and better gas milage...lol.

Ram.jpg
 Description:
The Many Faces of Angry Green
 Filesize:  91.17 KB
 Viewed:  641 Time(s)

Ram.jpg

AngryGreen1
Veteran Member

AngryGreen1's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Vararam Intake Reply with quote

Here is a pic of the intake system that the truck has. It took me a while to find it on the internet, but you can Google the name, and it should come up. Some people like it, some don't. However, I thought it was unique enough to leave on the truck.

ram intake.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.36 KB
 Viewed:  11656 Time(s)

ram intake.jpg

Invader
Site Co-Administrator

Gallery pictures: 128
Invader's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a real GTX with some mods. It's been lowered the center bezel and vents painted etc.. Trying to get any true paperwork at this point is probably impossible it came from LA West and unless the original owner has it won't be available.

AngryGreen1
Veteran Member

AngryGreen1's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the Information Reply with quote

I guess that I was a little concerned when the build sheet didn't include any particular codes related to the conversion. However, I did do further research, and it seems like it started out the same way as the other converted vehicles (ie. black exterior, and the ordered options). On the flip side, some of the mods done to the truck started me thinking about clones.
I like some of the mods, ie. the lowering of the truck, etc., but I do want to retain many of the stock features as well, ie. the rear bumper, the body stripes, the leather interior, etc... The truck rides, and handles well, and hasn't deviated from the original appearance of the conversion, so overall I am very pleased with the truck.
I purchased the truck from a local dealer, so obtaining the paperwork, and previous owner information is almost impossible.
badhemi
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 53
badhemi's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with any luck the origional owner was on this site and with some research you may find them
RumbleRice
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

badhemi wrote:
with any luck the origional owner was on this site and with some research you may find them

http://www.rumblebee.org/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4874

http://www.rumblebee.org/viewtopic.php?p=364736&highlight=#364736

And that owner may not have any paperwork as he was the second owner and purchased it used himself.

booky
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 59
booky's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and great looking truck. superkewl

Have the men in your neighborhood gave you the "thumbs up" yet when you drive by? Laughing

2005 DAYTONA 4x4 #08876
Dynatech Supermaxx Headers w/ Cherry Bomb Extreme - AEM Brute Force CAI
Superchips Flashpaq Tuner-Performance Level
3" Body Lift Kit w/ Nitto 35's
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Red Key(707 HP)+A8 Auto+3.09 Gears+DR's
2012 Shelby GT500 (sold)
2003 Mustang Cobra (sold)
AngryGreen1
Veteran Member

AngryGreen1's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Tall Lean and Green Reply with quote

Thanks Gents. It's nice to have a site with other folks that own similar trucks, and to have a great resource for information.
I plan to change or upgrade the following things:

A new cat-back exhaust system (Flowmaster American Thunder)
A Diablo Programmer to improve performance
Bosch Platinum plugs, and Accel Wires
A 85 mm Throttle Body
Better brakes (drilled and slotted)
Edelbrock Shocks
General Grabber HTS tires
Polyurethane sway bar bushings
A stock rear bumper (hate roll pans)
A Dodge Navigation System

Of course this is a dream list. First comes the wife, then the house, and then the truck...hahahahaha. She is looking over my shoulder right now.
thejunkman2005
Rumblebee Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 04 twin to that. Love the truck, as of yet, no speeding tickets, pulled over once, for taking off too fast from a stop sign making a hard right, tires smoken, truck sideways, sliding up the road.. Smile cop let me off cause i am Army..

Other wise, looks like a true GTX, aftermarket lowering, air cleaner, bezel painted, tonneau cover, and maybe rims. Trucks aren't worth anything extra cause they are GTX, no special power either. Just looks, and I gotta say, I LOVE MINE! old people, young people, men and women all take the time to say NICE TRUCK! Love it. I over paid for mine according to the book values and such, asking 17900, paid 14895, to this day, I'd still have been happy paying asking price. Everytime I get behind the wheel, I get a little smile on my face. I've had it since fathers day of this year.

Len

GTX #410, Sublime Green, Flowmaster exhaust, EBay CAI, McGaughys 2/4.5 lowering kit, Tinted windows, Kenwood head unit, Earthquake AMP, 12" kicker sub, Superchips tuner that never worked right...
AlbertaHemi
Veteran Member

Gallery pictures: 17
AlbertaHemi's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you happen to click on the links above that rumblerice gave you? He's showing you the previous owner of your truck. Confused
2005 Rumble Bee #3248 Second Swarm, Yellow, 4x4
yellowbee #1511
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 18
yellowbee #1511's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a vararam cold air intake u got, theyre pretty sweet if u ask me but im a lil biased. is it still orange or did the previous owner paint it also.
second swarm #1511
95 z28
AngryGreen1
Veteran Member

AngryGreen1's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: Zoom Zoom Reply with quote

Boy I'm ANGRY when I wake up in the mornings...lol. Evil or Very Mad It's too cold to go to work.
Anyway, to catch up, and to address all the new listings. I did check out the links before going to sleep last night. I don't know if the previous owner is still around, but I am now the new owner of the truck. I don't know the situation of why he no longer owns the truck, but I assure you that it will be well taken care of. I have owned several cars on my life time, and all were sold in better condition that when I purchased them; a 1971 Nova (white), a 1974 Gran Torino Sport (red), a 1978 Trans Am (black), a 1998 Dakota (green), a 2005 Ram Daytona (silver), a 2006 SRT8 Charger (black), and now the 2005 Ram Xtreme (green).
The cold air intake is still orange, but it's a good idea of painting it green. Thanks for the suggestion. Any more suggestions? I am always looking for new ideas Very Happy
I am prior Navy (7 1/2 years), and I now work as a government contractor, but the Trooper was having none of that; I also didn't bring my badge with me...lol. I now travel down the road with my fog lights on, hoping to blind a trooper when I head to work in the mornings...hahahaha.
My wife doesn't really care for the color of the truck, and likes the old Ram Daytona Silver better, but I am working on changing her mind.
I am currently working out the kinks of the truck before I go ahead and start focusing on the mentioned changes; I have to replace the bed cover lock, clean the seats, and remove an ink stain on the hood scoop (my hat's off to whomever wrote 5.7 on the scoop in grease pen).
Here is wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, and many gifts for the GTX!!
RumbleBeeTuna

PolyHead

Gallery pictures: 15
RumbleBeeTuna's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truck looks killer man, Not sure if you posted it yet, but how many miles does she have on her?
2004 Rumble Bee 4x4 #0419
Drop In K/N
SuperChips 3865 Tuner
CherryBomb Extream Muffler
1/4 mile run 15.702 @ 86 mph

1966 Chrysler Newport
383 Big Block
True Duel 2.5inch Cherry Bomb Extream Mufflers
Dual Snorkel Air Grabber
Coker Classic Whitewalls 2.5inch

2002 VW Jetta GLI VR6 6 Speed Trans
Sachs Struts and Sachs Shocks
High Flow Header and Cat Assy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: GTX General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: