Album  

GTX 4x4 tow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> GTX General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTX4ME

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: GTX 4x4 tow Reply with quote

Hello, I would love to get a GTX as the Ram has been my favorite truck for a long time and those bold colors just are so over the top. The problem is I need a 4x4 due to living in MA and prefer to have a tow package as I don't want to have to have two trucks as well. Has anyone heard of a 4x4 GTX with a Tow package? Did they make them? If anyone hears of one please let me know. I have been searching but they are limited so the more eyes I have the better chance I have of finding one.
Invader
Site Co-Administrator

Gallery pictures: 128
Invader's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they made a few but 4x4's are pretty hard to find. Just remember when you are looking the limited edition means nothing as far as the value is concerned they are only worth what a normal ram of the same year is. Don't let thm sucker you.

GTX4ME

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Thanks so much Reply with quote

Well at least I know they did make them but am bummed that I may not be able to find a 4x4. I have noticed that people are trying to soak extra money out of these due to the "extremely rare" card. I don't mind paying extra for what I really like but yes some do get carried away. I originally was looking at the Bees and Daytonas, before I came across the GTXs. I really love the stand out colors and cool graphics of these trucks. I mean to me a beautiful Plum 4x4 GTX with a tow package would be the ultimate truck. Well if you have any ideas of where to look or if you have seen one let me know. I guess I like them in this order; Purple, Orange, Yellow, then Green. Funny though because when it comes to the Rumble Bees my favorite is the black ones.
SecondSwarm1785

aka "The Big Spoon"

Gallery pictures: 51
SecondSwarm1785's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

might want to check out a Daytona in GoMango....easier to find a 4x4 and still a cool color
2005 Black Bee 4x4 #1785
267 RWHP

1967 Pontiac GTO-showcar
too many mods to list
GTX4ME

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Still looking Reply with quote

I have checked a few of them out and I do like them. I just figure the minute I buy one of those I will find my dream truck and then won't have the money. I also love both the yellow and black RumbleBee. I can't believe they haven't redone a limited truck like these again.
Invader
Site Co-Administrator

Invader's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really failed with the limited edition. First off they made more than the advertised amount. Then they have no more value than any other ram. Between the two they lost all credibility. Why should anyone pay more for a truck because it says limited when it isn't worth any more on down the road. We were going to trade our GTX in a couple years ago for a superbee charger and the dealer told us that the GTX was a great truck and he wouldn't insult us by telling us what they would offer for a trade in value. With the bees many more were made than the 3700 they said would be produced. It was basically just a scam to sell trucks. Not that I don't like what we have but it was handled very poorly by dodge.

GTX4ME

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Figures Reply with quote

I thought that for 2004 they did make only 3700 or very close to that figure, and then decided to make more in 2005 but used the trick Second swarm to claim they were not cutting into the promised 3700 limit. As for the GTX it gets a little more tricky when it comes to outside people doing the conversions. It takes a long time before the become recognizable as collector vehicles and even then some catch on and others don't. Look at the Shelby cobra and the sunbeam tiger. Both cars are based on the same principle tiny car with huge engine but everyone dreams of the cobra and most have never heard of the tiger. I would love to get the GTX though because it is just like nothing else on the road. Even the leather on the inside matches. The rumble bees come close but they have boring cloth interiors only don't they? I am pretty sure that other then a couple pieces of trim that nothing in the inside matches the awesome colors outside.
Invader
Site Co-Administrator

Invader's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No in 2004 they made 4858 bees far from 3700. The GTX trucks were done by LA West which is no longer in business. It makes finding replacement parts pretty hard. But the seats like you said are color coded as well as the steering wheel. They were done up pretty nice, the wheels they picked weren't very good they had a chrome peeling problem but other than that they were nicely done. We like ours alot.

AlbertaHemi
Veteran Member

Gallery pictures: 17
AlbertaHemi's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would bee easier to buy a yellow 4x4 bee and buy the leather katzkins seat covers that the gtx have and buy some mrk group interior accessories than it would be to find a 4x4 gtx.

http://www.mrkgroup.net/store2/index.php?cPath=28_141

http://www.autoseatskins.com/katzkin-dodge-ram-photos-s/525.htm

2005 Rumble Bee #3248 Second Swarm, Yellow, 4x4
GTX4ME

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW those seats do look nice, that may be what I end up doing. I still will hold out awhile to see if I can find a GTX but of course I am still fixing up my other vehicles so it's not a immediate need. I won't pass one up if it comes along but I have been able to find Bees and Daytonas around easily. I almost picked up a Mango Daytona but decided to wait and hope. I love looking at everyone's trucks here on the site as well. I probably should post a request on the main page and at least then I would get a better idea of what is out there. I wonder if anyone here has a 4x4 GTX.
Steve Papp
Rumblebee Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One problem that has kept the prices GTX is down is the fact that GTX was not a Dodge option. So when it came to getting trade-in price there's nothing to go by.

Is also one of the reasons I did not buy the GTX.

What I found was the price was a lot more expensive than a rumble bee

also I was given the explanation that the GTX was not a Dodge option.

I didn't think it was worth the money. The big difference was that GTX came with dual exhaust and they painted the air cleaners plus the decals. The interior trim package was better.

What I ended up with is a four-wheel drive yellow rumble bee.

As far as the interior goes I've changed nine.

I found it to be a lot cheaper to go to eBay and find some nice leather bucket seats. I ended up finding some Lincoln Zephyr 2007 black leather bucket seats. Their 10 way power seats and it has the heating package.

Living in North Carolina I didn't think I put the heating package in.

I paid $500 for these great seats plus $35 shipping. This project is not for the faint of heart. It took me a week or so to make up brackets so it would fit. The biggest problem was the memory package on the driver side. In the end I sent for the wiring harness for the passenger side. I purchased this from the same place I got the seats. In reality they sent me a whole bottom seat.

As far as any of these cars ever being collector items I rather doubt if this is going to happen.

When the rumble bees first came out a lot of people pay top dollar.

If anybody would've done their homework they would've found out that Dodge was offering a discount for RAM 1500s.

I didn't pay anywhere near the asking price. But I also got a Chrysler employee discount which was good for another 6%.

As far as the dealership was concerned it was just another Dodge pickup truck. I suppose it didn't hurt that we've been doing business with the same dealership for over 15 years.

Don't give up looking for a GTX four-wheel drive. If you've got the time you're going to find something.

I think you would find that 2004 rumble bees there were only of thousands four-wheel drives. It's a mixed bag what you end up with because the dealers only were given so many rumble bees. They didn't get to pick and choose the options.

Good luck

Steve

gomngo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going ro offer mine up for sale but the boss said NO ! lol but i will keep my eye open. i just got lucky when i found this one.

IMGP4284.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  327.93 KB
 Viewed:  534 Time(s)

IMGP4284.JPG

ROLL N LOCK BED COVER
CHROME FLAME GRILL BACKLIT ORANGE
JOINED THE 100K CLUB IN FEB 2010

2004 HEMI GTX # 327 PLUM CRAZY PURPLE 4X4
WORK IN PROGRESS...... PREVIOUS OWNER HAD NO CLUE HOW TO TREAT A RARE TRUCK
28 FEET PURPLE LED STREET GLOW
PURPLE LED GLOW INSIDE
HARD SHELL COVER
SoArkSi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

05 4x4 gtx #0099

new lift.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.74 MB
 Viewed:  415 Time(s)

new lift.jpg

2005 GTXtreme 4x4 quad cab plum crazy #0099
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: GTX General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: