Album  

Looking for new stereo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> Ask Dwayne (Audio/Electronics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoserxByxChoice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Looking for new stereo Reply with quote

I've been looking for a new stereo for my bee. Been looking at a few so far this is my favorite.http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Boss-BV9555-Car-Video-Player/4052827/product.html
zuke
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 27
zuke's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a decent deal, But Boss's quality control has a bit of a bad rep, also, the customer reviews on Amazon for that unit are pretty mixed;

http://www.amazon.com/BV9555-Double-DIN-Motorized-Widescreen-Touchscreen/dp/B001QXDSS6

Oh, and it's cheaper at Amazon too....

2005 "Second Swarm" #0857 *Traded in 2015*
RoasterStrudel
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd avoid brands like Boss, Pyle, Dual, Jensen, and the like. The price is awesome, but there's a reason for that and a huge sacrifice in quality. I'd shoot for something higher if you're looking for double din. Pioneer sells some reasonably priced entry-level units, unless you can justify an Alpine (understandably very expensive).

Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not necessarily a double din. My main requirements are a USB port SD card slot and good sound. Other then that I'm pretty flexible and open to suggestions.
zuke
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 27
zuke's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Pioneers HD receivers for decent quality and sound at a very reasonable price, And I Strongly recommend Crutchfield when ordering, as they give you everything you need for a clean installation on receivers over $100.

If I were going to replace mine in the Bee right now, I'd go with this;

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1304400HD/Pioneer-DEH-4400HD.html?tp=5684

HD Radio might not be a factor for you, but if the stations around you are HD, it really is a huge leap in sound quality over FM. I don't see any of the Pioneers that support a direct SD plugin, But I use them in my Pioneers in my Jeep and Scout with a USB reader (a thumb drive shaped one).

2005 "Second Swarm" #0857 *Traded in 2015*
RoasterStrudel
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoserxByxChoice wrote:
Not necessarily a double din. My main requirements are a USB port SD card slot and good sound. Other then that I'm pretty flexible and open to suggestions.

Well, that opens up a whole new world then. Not sure if you're aware but double din requires a custom dash piece anyway.

Agreed on buying from Crutchfield. Sometimes it's a little more expensive to buy from them, but they'll give you everything you need for a clean install plus the tech support to back you up if you need help.

Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 22
Bill_L's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpine CDE-HD137BT or CDE-HD138BT, $190 or $250, both have USB on the front and I believe an 1/8" port, bluetooth streaming audio, I was looking at the 138 as a replacement for the older Alpine I have now, they are both nice units.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_46567_Alpine-CDE-HD137BT.html
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_48312_Alpine-CDE-HD138BT.html

2005 Ram Daytona #1445 / GoManGo! / Mopar CAI / SRT NightRunner 22s / Auburn LSD / Superior 4.56 Gears / Edge TQ / Shift Kit / Edelbrock Headers / Custom Dual Exhaust / Superchips Flashpaq with Trans Tuning / AEM WideBand / Summit Pulley / Viper Electric Fan / DJM 2” arms / McGaughys Flip with Notch and Air Bags / Hotchkis Swaybars / Retrax bed cover /
natesBEE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent my bezel to a guy on ebay that will modify it and give u a kit to mount a double din ...its gona cust me about $250 but it will look like it came from factory like that... Plus pioneer sell a double din that has usb and the ad slot...that the one im.getting ill.post pics a soon as i get my bezel back
Bill_L
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 22
Bill_L's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

natesBEE wrote:
I just sent my bezel to a guy on ebay that will modify it and give u a kit to mount a double din ...its gona cust me about $250 but it will look like it came from factory like that... Plus pioneer sell a double din that has usb and the ad slot...that the one im.getting ill.post pics a soon as i get my bezel back

Sounds like it should be cool. I know there is a member on HTC and DT that does the same mods and I have seen his work. It could be the same person you are dealing with on ebay, if so you will be very happy with it.

2005 Ram Daytona #1445 / GoManGo! / Mopar CAI / SRT NightRunner 22s / Auburn LSD / Superior 4.56 Gears / Edge TQ / Shift Kit / Edelbrock Headers / Custom Dual Exhaust / Superchips Flashpaq with Trans Tuning / AEM WideBand / Summit Pulley / Viper Electric Fan / DJM 2” arms / McGaughys Flip with Notch and Air Bags / Hotchkis Swaybars / Retrax bed cover /
LoserxByxChoice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the alpine units, they area good reliable brand. I had. A whole alpine system in my Stealth when I had it, and wish I still had that car.

@natesbee, is that for just the work on the bezel and the mount? I may be. Interested in having that done if I find a double din that I like.

natesBEE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out ebay item # 1507273412 explains it better.

Basically u send yours he ships u another all modified anycolor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: Ask Dwayne (Audio/Electronics) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: