Album  

Wind whipped open the passenger door

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oneno

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Wind whipped open the passenger door Reply with quote

Today as I was getting out of the passenger door, the wind picked up and ripped the door out of my hand and flung it open. I did a quick visual but didn't see anything but on my way home I could hear the wind whistling through the top and front of the interior while driving. After I got out and looked more closely, the passenger top of the door looks to be a little away from the body and touch higher. How do you adjust the door whenthe hinges and hang of the door looks right?
2005 Brilliant Black Second Swarm #2720
K&N Cold air intake, true dual exhaust
1973 "Demonized" Dodge Dart Sport Showcar
Bee Keeper
Post Whores Anonymous member

Gallery pictures: 4
Bee Keeper's gallery

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to sound like some Southern engineering, but it's the way that the stealerships fix this problem. Take a 2 x 4 and hold it in the door jamb just above the latch and slowly close the door on the 2 x 4. Using the 2 x 4 as a fulcrum point, carefully push the top of the door frame in tweaking the door on the hinges. It won't take much so tweak it once or twice then take it for a test drive to ensure that the wind noise is gone. If it's not, keep repeating the process until the noise goes away. Wink

Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.

BLACK/SECOND SWARM #2971
FUNCTIONAL 440 SIX PACK HOOD
MOPAR BED COVER W/STRIPE
STRIPE EXTENSIONS
TINTED WINDOWS
DEBADGED
KATZKINS
BEDRUG
275/55/20 NEXEN ROADIAN HP's

GO FAST OR GO HOME! Piss on Ford
my5hemi
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 64
my5hemi's gallery

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need a new upper hinge same exact thing happened to me wind grab my drivers door and wouldn't close right , gap at top of door, took it to the body shop needed a new upper hinge if I remember it was like a 150.00 painted and installed

stripe extensions, debadged,tinted windows,oem bed mat,ezdown tailgate dampener,mrk products,functional srt-10 hood scoop insert, ram air hood fangs, lorado tonneau cover,locking tailgate handle, srt-10 push button starter,srt guage pod,c2 trans temp guage,oem daytona floor mats,firestorm light bar, muth signal mirrors, sliding rear window,custom illuminated ram head headliner SOLD3/31/12FOR A 2011CAMARO 2SS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: Problems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: