Album  

check engine flashing/possible trans issue.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B-town

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: check engine flashing/possible trans issue. Reply with quote

2006 Dakota - Purchased about 5/20132 - since then about 2-3 times, i have put it in drive and it would hesitate, flash between Neutral / Drive a few times then finally stay in drive.

6/2013 - drove about 6 blocks, and check engine flashed and beeped - then went off.
i pulled over, went home, gave a look over. had no idea what was up.
drove to work.

7/31/13 drove about 10 blocks, getting on-ramp to highway and hitting gas to accellerate but truck not responding - gave More gas and it finally kicked in and accellerated.. Vrooooom ! Check engine flashed and beeped - then went out. continued to drive to work. (approx 7 miles total)

7/31/13 driving home from work, drove about 3 miles to highway and was accelerating up on-ramp and truck just revving and slowing down, i look and lever had slipped from Drive to Neutral. i put back in Drive and continued home.

7/31/13 brought to my mechanic, fluids are good, the codes are: P1713 (Restricted Manual Valve in T2) & P0513 ( Invalid Sensory Key Imobilizer),

we researched online, there is a Bulletin for a Computer Upgrade that i will call the dealership about to get it reflashed and i will research my paperwork to find out what warrantee i have.

thanks for reading and i appreciate any information or advise you can give me.
Make it a Great Day !
B-Town
Regster34
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 121
Regster34's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you replaced your Crankshaft position Sensor?
05 4x4,Katzskin Seats,Flowmaster 70 w/Resonator,Leer Cover w/spoiler,stripe extentions,superBee logo,MRK pieces inside,Mud Flaps,Rhino Spray Liner,Windshield Dodge banner,porcelin shifter knob insert and flasher button,Sylvania Ultra Lights/Fog lights,Bee Floor Mats,Bee Air valve Caps,Boston Bruins Plates..Steve...Boston,MA
B-town

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, have not replaced the Crankshaft position Sensor, altho i just bought the truck last year, June maybe, so maybe it could have been done previously ??
Regster34
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 121
Regster34's gallery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would change the crankshaft position sensor. It is only $25.00? I change mine at 78,000 miles. Made a difference. Good luck
05 4x4,Katzskin Seats,Flowmaster 70 w/Resonator,Leer Cover w/spoiler,stripe extentions,superBee logo,MRK pieces inside,Mud Flaps,Rhino Spray Liner,Windshield Dodge banner,porcelin shifter knob insert and flasher button,Sylvania Ultra Lights/Fog lights,Bee Floor Mats,Bee Air valve Caps,Boston Bruins Plates..Steve...Boston,MA
Odie
Rumblebee Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had your 7/31 symptom on my 2004 Bee. Took it down to the Dodge house and they diagnosed it as the transmission solenoid. Replaced that and it's been fine since.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: Problems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: