Album  

Beecuz on .org again
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

Gallery pictures: 92
BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:58 pm    Post subject: Beecuz on .org again Reply with quote

had the 2005 Beecuz/3850 Rumblebee. Then went to a 2008 Vette and did power mods to that making it very capabel of 600 RWHP. Got to scared to try it however. Now have a 2014 Ram again. Miss the vette and it isn't even spring yet. Not happy with what the dealer did to me but I will get the NEW
BEECUZ into show condition. It will not be like the first BEECUZ/3850 for I am retired now and the coins aren't there to get the foolish again. Buy the way, our last runs at Petersburg, Va. were in the 12.2/118 for every run and we broke the slicks loose all three runs just for a nano second but enough to keep 3850 out of the 11.s. First thing I am wondering about, does anyone have any ides of how to get rid of the chrome Grill. Had a black chrome one in for 3850 and it was pretty nice looking and the bugs came off pretty easy. Also, has anyone done anything with replacing some of the lights with LEDs. Want long tube headers by Dynatech but find they don't make them any more for the Hemi. Will soon I am told, but I am an old man also. Want a bit more sound also. do I get a louder muffler or remove the little things at the end of the tail pipes. Can't think what they are called for some reason, guess that is beecuz I am old also.

misc. truck, farm feline 025.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.66 MB
 Viewed:  207 Time(s)

misc. truck, farm feline 025.jpg

misc. truck, farm feline 027.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.73 MB
 Viewed:  198 Time(s)

misc. truck, farm feline 027.jpg

Don........Beecuz / #3850
BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:29 pm    Post subject: Another mod Reply with quote

Anyone out there done anything to make the hood scopes not be fake or at least open them up in some way. had the shaker on the first Beecuz and it was very functional but don't like this fake stuff on this truck. i think Louie and Roger have the same hood, but not for sure about that.
CaliberNick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my 05 ram, I just drilled the rivets out of the chrome grille insert. and bought some black honeycomb base model grilles to replace them with, then reriveted them in. I'm not a huge fan of the chrome grilles and while it would look nice on a black truck, on the yellow bee I thought the black honeycomb looked better, plus it's hineycomb, so it fits the theme.
BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I did that with my 2005, but I went with a black chrome from a place I can't even remember now. It was good. But not sure how much the 2014 has changed from the 2005. I have lots of pix on my thread that show 3850 but that was before she really looked good. Also before we really had her up to very fast. So you have a yellow Bee. Lots of discussions about which was faster. Black or yellow. That was a really good time. I might also add I have a few good parts from my 2005, like newly painted mirrors in high Gloss black done by a body shop so they were done right. Has a yellow stripe in the groove of each mirror. They are heated and just like new as I went to a smaller mirror later on. Have like new seat covers in the original material that was on the truck. Put katskins on and just kept the covers. have some exhaust parts that are like new. Ordered the bee from the factory then put on true duals with electric cutouts. Pretty much just give it away rather than throw it away is how I feel about the stuff I have.

IMG_8496w3850 launch.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.34 KB
 Viewed:  5765 Time(s)

IMG_8496w3850 launch.jpg

BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes Nick, that was the real fade in the early days of the 2005 Bee. One of the Dodge trucks had that grill and then many caught onto how well it works on the Bee's also. I didn't like the chrome even on my black bee. i wanted my whole front end to be black so even bought headlight covers and had them painted black for show only of course. Made covers in black for the fog lights also then had the entire front end blacked out. When I drove I had a set of covers that were smoked plastic and I also had some kind of ring that went around the headlights that would black out everything except the light itself. I really wanted it totally black in the front. Do you have any mods to the engine or the exhaust system. I finally went with heads and cam, 150 shot of nitrous and CAI. then I needed a tuner to make it all work together. I still miss that truck even with having the vette and all the power I had with it. Traded it off for the 14 Ram Sport, but sort of burned out with doing the mods. they are not that easy any more. Would like to figure out if there is a good way to make the sport hood functional however.

Pix for Mopar Muscle 08 047.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.02 MB
 Viewed:  196 Time(s)

Pix for Mopar Muscle 08 047.jpg

Pix for Mopar Muscle 08 036.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  874.44 KB
 Viewed:  201 Time(s)

Pix for Mopar Muscle 08 036.jpg

Pix for Mopar Muscle 08 028.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.26 MB
 Viewed:  218 Time(s)

Pix for Mopar Muscle 08 028.jpg

Pix for Mopar Muscle 08 004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.38 MB
 Viewed:  224 Time(s)

Pix for Mopar Muscle 08 004.jpg

dodge_cowboy2004

CODE RED

Gallery pictures: 42
dodge_cowboy2004's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was one SICK bee

THE HEADLINER MASTER!!!!
Invader
Site Co-Administrator

Gallery pictures: 128
Invader's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Don. Nice looking truck!

Da Beest
Site Moderator

Gallery pictures: 12
Da Beest's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear from ya again Don. Welcome back. Sweet looking ride ya got there.
BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beest/Joe, Invader/Roger and Cowboy/Thomas. I was so happy to see you guys recognize Beecuz/3850 I was almost in tears. This site was my life for a long time, honest. Yes Thomas, Beecuz became a Rumblebee that everyone around here sure knew real well. It wasn't as great as some I had seen on .Org., but 3850 was more than I ever expected I could do with a vehicle. and it was quick, 12.2/118 and I have three tickets to prove that. We broke the slicks lose for a nanosecond and that was enough to keep me out of the 11's, but had to stop trying or break an axle or rear end and I had to drive 1200 miles back home for work on Monday. The year before I spun the rubber on the rim 8 inches on all three runs so we had to lock those things down, only to break the traction lose the following year. That was when I traded it for the Vette and I regretted it the whole time. Now I miss the Vette also but I have a project truck again. Thanx again for the warm welcome and I hope to be a good guy and not get myself in trouble again. Won't have anyone telling me to race normally aspirated any more LOL. Need some help on how to get rid of the chrome grill for sure. Also has anyone done LEDs in the newer Ram trucks. Did that on the vette and it was an awesome mod. Not easy however for the computer on the vette and now the new rams controls the lights and you need resistors to fool the computer. Tried to send pix of the vette and lost all I had posted both times. Didn't try for three. Hope I can send some of the vette also, even knowing this is a rumblebee site. I think you guys still appreciate speed and yellow with black vehicles. I had a little graphic on the back bumper "Screamin Bee" with a bee coming at you stinger first. Folks liked that at shows. Always laughed at licnese "Beecuz" and I told them it is because I am an old man and senial.
BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What size do attachments have to be to get past an error message. Would like to send a couple of the vette even though I know we are Ram folks. Might get someone to understand why I became a turn coat. Heck I am back again and with a 14 Ram single cab, short box with an 8 speed tranny. Try to find one of them. Was told they make maybe 1 in 100 of the single cab, short box. Maybe mine will become a collector truck. Yea sure. I do know one thing, even being stock it can really turn them over. Got in some ones way today and put her down a little and we were spinning the tires and it wasn't on ice. Long tube headers and true duals with a CAI and maybe electric cutouts could give her just a bit more giddy up too. Just can't stop modding. It is a disease.
dodge_cowboy2004

CODE RED

Gallery pictures: 42
dodge_cowboy2004's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEECUZ wrote:
What size do attachments have to be to get past an error message. Would like to send a couple of the vette even though I know we are Ram folks. Might get someone to understand why I became a turn coat. Heck I am back again and with a 14 Ram single cab, short box with an 8 speed tranny. Try to find one of them. Was told they make maybe 1 in 100 of the single cab, short box. Maybe mine will become a collector truck. Yea sure. I do know one thing, even being stock it can really turn them over. Got in some ones way today and put her down a little and we were spinning the tires and it wasn't on ice. Long tube headers and true duals with a CAI and maybe electric cutouts could give her just a bit more giddy up too. Just can't stop modding. It is a disease.

I use photobucket to upload my pics.
As far as you having a 2015 single cab with an 8 speed... you aint the only one brother! My dad has the Black'd out edition in single cab. You're right, not very many new single cabs out there today.

THE HEADLINER MASTER!!!!
BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even know what I am using to send pix, but I get an error message with most of them I try and yet all the pix of 3850 worked. I have them reduced to 350 by 230 but that kind of distorts the pictures so have to work that out. Thomas, I know I don't have the only single cab, short box, but I do know there aren't many of them out there and they are becoming a thing of the past as I was told by the dealership they are making one in one hundred now. They'll disappear for sure with those numbers. Do you have any pix of your Dad's Ram. I would guess it has a black grill too. That is one of the first mods I would like to do, just not crazy about the chrome grill. I would actually like to debadge the whole truck but it does look like that would be pretty tough for the large Rams head on the tail gate as it appears to be counter sunk. Had most of the chrome off 3850 and liked how it made it hard to tell what make it was. As for an 8 speed. I was told they aren't real common and when I read the owners manual there are very few instructions for the 8 speed. Does your Dad's Ram have the selector for the drive or reverse on the dash also. That took some getting used to, specially going from a 6 speed stick as the vette was to that dash dial. I still find myself reaching for the stick. They dropped the price $5K for they had this truck on the lot for almost 6 months it appears to me from the paper work they gave to me. I should've been harder to sell to, but I really wanted that configuration with the options it had on it. Thomas, do you have any idea what I would use to get a black grill. Maybe go to the dealership and see if they can order me a black one like perhaps your Dad's truck has. Do they keep the opening the same for a few years so that I might find one that would fit. Also thanx for the compliment on 3850. I traded it off for the vette down close to Chicago to a dealership that dealt only in fast toys. My son went with me and his jaw just dropped when he saw the different cars there and everyone seemed to look faster then the one before it. They were stacked three high in the back of the showroom. He wanted my truck but he sure didn't want to give what I felt it was worth but I sure did want that vette. Again I caved. It was a great and very fast car for sure. Actually beat a 392 Challenger in a street run but let up for they would've had us in the slammer if they ever caught us. I just knew he wanted to run one, and I never turned down that chance.
BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few pix of the Vette. Know it is a site for Rumblebee and Rams but there is a connection here. I traded off the vette for the 2014 Ram, so I guess I am what? Crazy. Yea maybe a little, specially one that was performance enhanced to really fly low. Saw a fellow with a Mustang GT washing his car today. Struck up a conversation with him just to let him brag about his Mustang and he did. Yep I got a 5.0 and she is capable of going 160 MPH. I said that is one great looking Mustang and it really was. Did not tell him the Vette I used to have but traded off for the Ram was pretty much capable of going 180 or some say even better than that. Didn't tell him it had a 6.2/435 HP engine. Of course that was flywheel. Didn't tell him the vette was dynoed at 450 RWHP and it had 75 HP shot of juice. (Only 75 to start with, but pills to get up to 150 HP. Kept it at a short conversation as it was freezing cold out there. This car is the only thing I would ever consider getting rid of my Ram for, but alas, I just did it the other way around and will never be able to afford a vette again I would guess. Plus being almost 75. The new Mustang GT has out performed the new vette also. So did the Viper. My neighbor must be ticked at that for he thinks nothing can beat his 2014 Z51. Although he knew in a straight line he probably would not beat the vette. On a road course yes, but I just would never do that. Heck, that can really be dangerous. The engine has 57K miles. The steering wheel is one of, hand made and is what they put in the 2016 Vettes. Really hated to give that up too. Also miss the heads up display in the vette. That is so neat.

th_349.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.4 KB
 Viewed:  5670 Time(s)

th_349.JPG

th_418.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  53.14 KB

th_418.JPG

th_431.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  49.16 KB

th_431.JPG

Dads Toy
Past division president

Gallery pictures: 90
Dads Toy's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Don,

Nice truck and Vette.

Not on here much anymore but do miss it also

2004 Rumblebee 4x4 #3680
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
2000 Toyota Avalon

Sold:
2007 C6 Corvette
2001 Trans Am with 508hp
1998 Trans Am project car - never finished
BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dad's Toy/John. I remember you. So you had the 2007/C06. Then you might know what I am missing also. Thanx for the compliments of the vehicles. When I bought the 2014 Ram, I never gave any thoughts about perhaps I could be on .Org again. But I tried Dodge talk until I was blue in the face and no one would even stop long enough to tell me how to get started with communicating with the folks on that site. It was like I had lepercy. I would try and it would seem like I was going to get an echo from the emptiness of that site. Just couldn't figure it out. So I just wanted to know what folks are doing with the new Rams to modify some things. I would like to get rid of that chrome grill one of the first things, but not sure how. Will go to the dealership parts dept and see if they sell a black grill that I could use to replace the chrome one. Have to go to the body shop to ask how I can take of some of the badgeing off. Did that with the rumblebee and I thought it was really clean. Well John I have a penchant for talking to much so will quit now. Thanx again for talking with me. It is appreciated and we have had something in common, the bees and the vettes.
By the way .Org. I do have several parts for the 2005 Rumblebee that I would just probably give away if someone would pay the shipping. For sure two outside mirrors painted high Gloss black by my body shop. Heated and remote adjusted. Like new. Have the original seat covers in a gray for I put Katzkins in place of the fabric covers. I think the headrest covers have 3850 embroidered on them so they would not work for anyone, but the seat covers had nothing wrong with them at all. Have tail lights and some brake stuff and some exhaust items.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: Introductions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: