Album  

Pictures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> Forum Suggestions, Problems and Test Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Invader
Site Co-Administrator

Gallery pictures: 128
Invader's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Don good to see you on again. Nice looking Ram

BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

Gallery pictures: 92
BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx Roger. Coming from you that means a lot as I know what your bee is like. It isn't 3850 for the power part of it, but for a lot of other things, the Red Ram is nicer. Like the 8 speed tranny, the engine has more giddy up it seems than what 3850 had before we did the power stuff. It will surprise a lot of stop light racing guys. finally learned how to drag it, and keep it from red lining to soon. Next week we get the exhaust changed over to long tube headers, performance cats, dual electric cutout with remote, magnaflow muffler with two in/two out with a cross pipe built right in the muffler then out the back to after market exhaust tips. Have a CAI from K&N called the blackhawk and I like the sound of that when getting on it. Have to grow old, refuse to grow up. About the pictures, what size do they have to be to work, for I have tried several times and got some to work other just cancel out everything I had typed and I start all over again. Good to hear from you Roger. I have talked to a couple guys now and happy with that and I do have another Ram to boot. The vette was just awesome but not so practical. Mine was modded of course with a CAI, an after market cam, nitrous and long tube headers with Z06 all the way back to the NPP and a mild to wild switch so I ran them open all the time. Dynoed at 550 RWHP. No traction however. My new Ram even has won a trophy just for being clean, imagine that. i like your print in yellow also. Real easy to read. Good to be back for sure. javascript:emoticon('Razz')
Don........Beecuz / #3850
BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John, sorry I haven't answered you. I actually did, but lost the entire thread for trying to send you a couple pix of the Red Ram and the vette. Said some kind of error message, then wiped out everything. Has done that a couple times on me now. Asked Roger what size the pix have to be to work. That is a pretty cute Grand Daughter you have. The boys will notice her for sure. What is the car she is resting on. thought maybe a Mustang but parts of don't look Mustang. Sounds like you have a workable plan to to get your toys again. I thought at one time you were going to Texas or is my memory r failing me there to. I had a guy want to drag the Vette with a 392. I sat at the red light and he kept revving up the engine. I looked over to acknowledge him. But I forgot to put it into the step beyond Competitive Mode so when the light changed and I gave it some gas it sort of left the line like I was a six cylinder. Traction control will do that to you. But when it let loose we had him in seconds later and got by him in just a bit after that. We both let up as we were just at the edge of Janesville which is a big town and lots of Gestapo. they catch us and we are in jail for sure. It was strange how many Porches thought they could beat the vette. I know there are some out there, but the ones I went against were not any of those and they must've just wanted to see what we had. Would have no problem hearing the cam. I do miss the vette but the Ram is pretty good and I just don't get in trouble with it.
Invader
Site Co-Administrator

Invader's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don I usually go to 640x480 which is like this. Works real good for posting here

934808_934128603298881_5031305287068429891_n (2) - Copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  51.63 KB
 Viewed:  542 Time(s)

934808_934128603298881_5031305287068429891_n (2) - Copy.jpg

BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great picture and gosh, the bee looks fantastic also. What you need are my black headlight covers. They are painted black so no light gets through but they are so easy to put on and take off. I actually drove with them but of course not at night. Also have a set of rings that go around the head light and they are still in the box as brand new. If you would give me just a little bit for postage i would mail them to you. You can see what the painted ones look like on one of the pix I did manage to get onto .org. They are not rattle can painted, my body shop did them and they are awesome and I kept them waxed all the time. They just hook on real easy and off real easy. For the pix sizes you gave, I would guess the bigger number is across the smaller number up and down. Not sure how I can get just a pic or two to that size. Know I can do the entire set that a picture is in that I would like to share, so I guess I have to do all of them. Is she married? I had that same shine on the vette. The paint on the vette was actually an option that was $999.00. It was Velocity yellow and they put that same color in the clear coat and it was awesome to make a great shine on it. They stopped that now, but I have the build sheet on that vette and that was one of many extras and that vette. What wax are you using for the finish on the Bee? have been using Surf City Garage and I really like their products. Waiting for this summer when I see a fly land on the Ram and slide right off to the ground. There will be no fly poo on my Ram. LOL
BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to ask, is the hood functional. Is that one of those made by our good friend in Indiana that made the shaker and the roll pan on 3850. I saw one guy on You Tube that made the hood on my Ram functional but I sure didn't like his process. Seemed so Mickey Mouse and rather destructive to the hood for my interest but would like it functional. U finally bought the K&N Blackhawk and it is doing OK. Caught it on sale from Summit Racing and just caved in for it. Installed it myself and came out pretty good.

mods to Ram misc 018.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  972.16 KB
 Viewed:  19 Time(s)

mods to Ram misc 018.jpg

BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange, I didn't change the size of the CAI pic. and it worked. Yesterday it didn't and all my pix lately are by using my smart phone, so I like to think they are all the same size. It worked again on second pic. The last time I really smoked the tires and that was just motor. Was smoking before the picture was taken and it was not a power brake thing. I never believed in that. To me it shows what you are capable of if you just sit there and then go WOT. I smoked so bad and went for so long that it finally started going for the ditch and it was a very narrow country road. Never have forgotten that feel of hitting the wall at Indianapolis so when it got squirrely I let up. Wow they all work now. Great!!!

21059269265_ORIG[1].jpeg.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.64 KB
 Viewed:  534 Time(s)

21059269265_ORIG[1].jpeg.jpg

3850 and wall meeting.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  284.39 KB
 Viewed:  19 Time(s)

3850 and wall meeting.jpg

3850 showing off 015.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.52 MB
 Viewed:  17 Time(s)

3850 showing off 015.jpg

Invader
Site Co-Administrator

Invader's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is Courtney Hansen from the show Overhaulin. She's a real sweetheart, she's become a friend of ours over the years. I have a set of covers for the headlights but I took them off and put these on same as stock only the inside is black. I like them much better. And yes this is one of Terry's hoods and fully functional.

BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I see they are darker than stock. Nice look, not sure they were even avail. like that when I was into 3850 changes. I was glad to see you use "Terrey's name for I forgot that. Can't remember how it was made functional but I know I went to lot of shows and many a Hot Rod guy would say he's only trying to look like one of us. I finally heard guy say it right along side of me so I asked him to look at the filter. He did. then I said how do you suppose those dead bugs got into the filter, do you think they just walked in there and then died, or how about that feather from a bird I hit coming to the show. Then they realized it was functional and I told them how it worked and they could see it really was functional not just fake. I had my picture taken with a TV star also from Corvette Nation. Her name was Maria Prekeges, and she was really nice. She asked me why I picked a yellow one. Well I used the story you guys would pull on every black bee. Less paint pigments in the yellow than in black so the car is a lot lighter and thus faster. She looked at me and I never cracked a smile and she just broke up laughing. She then called her camera crew over and they took videos of the entire conversation and even got sound from the vette and said it might make the show sometime in Sept. but I never saw it. That was the big vette show in Ill., Can't remember the town, again age problem, but I bet you know what it is. Big show. That is my vette in back of us. I wasn't married and I fell in love with her for she was just so much fun. Saw her the next year at the same show.
Did you ever see the Roll Pan that Terry made for me. He said he will not make another one as that was the toughest project he has ever done. So I had "one of." think there is a picture on here right now that shows that and it really finished the back of the Bee, but I was always afraid someone would hit the back end of me and there would be my one of.

th_028.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  461.97 KB
 Viewed:  21 Time(s)

th_028.JPG

Invader
Site Co-Administrator

Invader's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great picture. Yeah your roll pan looked great. Terry doesn't make any of them any more he sold the mold several years ago.

BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got lucky, well not that way. I was with another guy and he was looking at something but I just wanted to rest my back so went back to the vette and was just sitting in it when she came along. She was looking at my vette so I got out to talk to her and that was really fun. Like I said she asked why yellow and I told her the .org story of how yellow is lighter thus faster than the black. She really thought I was serious at first, then just started to laugh.Told her other things about the vette and she then called her camera crew over. they filmed us talking and she asked that same yellow question on camera so the whole world could hear how yellow is faster than black. Eventually I told her it was modded with cam and the like so she asked if I would start it and then the camera man went to the back and recorded the exhaust. the vette was known around the show circuit as one with very nice sounding exhaust as I had long tube headers and the NPP but with Z06 exhaust all the way back which is bigger than stock. Also had the mild to wild switch so could run it open all the time, not just when at 3200 RPM as designed by factory, so it made some nice sounds. On the way back home, we stopped to pay a toll and I thought I would just show my friend what the vette would do for sound and speed so canned it under the canopy of the toll booth. Really loud and took off nice. The thing that really made it loud was that a greyhound type bus came out about the same time I did so I was along side of him for a few seconds and then the noise bounced off the side of that and of course I was going so fast by then that he seemed as if he stopped. The friend white knuckled my dash and I said why so scared you have a C7 so this shouldn't scare you. He said it isn't this fast and doesn't make that much noise. Funny. Was going to send a pic of the nitrous setup but when I added it an error came up about page not working and I lost everything, including even being on this site. Must be to large. I designed a new steering wheel for the vette with the flat bottom, thumb notches, and just really neat in two tone black. The bezel on the wheel I had done in carbon fiber look to match all the carbon fiber on the console. I then asked the maker of the wheel to put a yellow stripe at the top dead center like race cars have. Really neat. All hand made by a guy that has a display of his steering wheels in the Vette museum. Had it only for a couple months and traded the vette off and that was one of my biggest regrets for I really like that steering wheel.
badhemi
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 53
badhemi's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to see some of the original members are still here
BEECUZ
Two Time TOTM Winner

BEECUZ's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Badhemi. Sad that there aren't as many as there one was and that everyone is so much busier this day and age and not a lot of time to talk over our trucks. I was gone for a long while but never did forget the folks that were on here. (OK most of them anyway) I have a jaded past with .ORG as I sort of didn't agree with a suggestion made to me. All history now and I do like this site a lot. I don't have my bee anymore but do have another Ram in the single cab, short box configuration. I gave up a great vette for the truck and of course do miss the vette in the summer as it was a convertible. Miss the power it had as I had it customized a bit and had 550 dynoed RWHP. Trouble with that is there just was no way to hold traction at the rear wheels. Couple that with my first speeding ticket since high school and knowing I was a target. Not being able to drive it for 6 months of the year was a real down, specially as I walked by it every day to get into my old van. Try that some time and you will see what that is about. I am glad you had time to talk at me and others on this site. My Ram is at the exhaust shop right now having true duals installed. Not easily done however. Had to change plans twice already.
badhemi
Seasoned Veteran

Gallery pictures: 53
badhemi's gallery

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember you from years past. I hear ya on walking past it everyday. I bought a 06 srt8 300 (barn find) with 16k on it and has yet to see 100 miles from me. I remember a lot of people from the site. remember when it crashed and we lost a lot of post but dave was awsom in getting it back up. back in 2010 got on fox sports with the bee at a carshow in stuart, flourida.
Bee Keeper
Post Whores Anonymous member

Gallery pictures: 4
Bee Keeper's gallery

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Roger, the new headlights look great! What brand are they?

Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.

BLACK/SECOND SWARM #2971
FUNCTIONAL 440 SIX PACK HOOD
MOPAR BED COVER W/STRIPE
STRIPE EXTENSIONS
TINTED WINDOWS
DEBADGED
KATZKINS
BEDRUG
275/55/20 NEXEN ROADIAN HP's

GO FAST OR GO HOME! Piss on Ford
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: Forum Suggestions, Problems and Test Posts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: