Album  

Lowering Kits? I need help
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index -> Appearance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingBee
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't like a firm ride,...the bilsteins aren't for you. I got some in my 98 Tahoe,..and boy are they firm,....sounds and feels something broke everytime I hit a pothole Laughing BUT,...they are VERY durable,..and when you put them to the test they perform man. I mean for like off-roading or when going through rough dirt roads,...and also when hitting speed bumps at high speeds by accident Very Happy Thanks.
R/B #172
Veteran Member

Gallery pictures: 23
R/B #172's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey 2LO, I used Toxic shocks on mine but I am gonna purchase an airbag system in the next few weeks. The toxic shocks are good but I had air shocks on my 02 Ram and that ride was much better. I should have put em on my R/B. Dont forget the bump stops. You can get those at almost any speed shop. No particular brand. Let me know how it turns out!
I got her on March 21, 2004. The day BEFORE the R/B was to go on sale. I did a 3/4 drop, Painted the mirrors, handles and some interior bits, removed the badges, tinted the windows and added KMC 22's to smooth it all out.
Baloo

quit your bitchin

Gallery pictures: 62
Baloo's gallery

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Hotchkis TVS with the billy's... I love them. A friean has a western chassis kit on his 03 ram, and warned me about lowering my truck saying it would be a rough ride. I let him drive mine, and he said he should have went with the Hotchkis TVS with the billys....

Randy K Milholland wrote:

Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing.

Updated 31 Dec 2006
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
2lo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys ,...I don't mind a firm ride infact I really enjoy a responsive
feel to a vehicle. as long as the suspension is traveling to its max when necassary. I don't enjoy going down a straight road with medium bumps
and feeling like a pogo stick. I understand on larger bumps I'm just going to have to slow down, just part of lowering it.
Don't get me wrong I love this suspension, just need to get the right shocks for me Razz . I will probably go ahead and the bilsteins, since
I feel it will be necassary to help out slowing down the compression in a sharp or quick bump,( since the easiness of bottoming out)

....don't the toxic, nitro active drop shocks,edelbrocks, and the belltechs pretty much use the same active valveing?

I did change the bumps stops out as well.

badbee1345 I'm glad your getting a suspension thread going Very Happy

To bad we can't all get together and ride in each others vehicles

I can't keep my foot out of to check the mileage.#2251
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home  /  RumbleBee.org - The Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Owner Community Forum Index :: Appearance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: